Enviro Meridian Pros/Cons Anybody?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARGlock

Feeling the Heat
Aug 24, 2010
Arkansas
Hello All,

I have a friend that is looking hard at the Enviro Meridian insert. Would anyone have any experience with this unit? If so, what's your opinion.

Thanks,

AR

From my reading on this and other sites, it appears the Meridian is a very good unit with little problems and quite a few satisfied owners.

AR

My Meridian insert has been excellent. 9 years old and still going strong, the only part I've had to replace is a high temp sensor ($30).
It's very easy to clean and maintain and provides more than enough heat for my 1,500 sqft house.

The only issue I have, as with most inserts, is that the hopper is too small.
Other than that, it's been an extremely reliable stove.

i have a vistaflame vf100 made by enviro and the build quality is top notch . it's been keeping my house toasty for 3 weeks now and we couldn't be happier :)

cheers Woody

Is the vf100 the same as the Meridian?

Thanks!!!

noooooo , i didn't say that . i was just commenting on the quality of the products from sherwood . they make both the enviro and vistaflame lines of stoves and the enviro are their upper line of stoves .

Thanks Cygnus and Woody for you input!!! I think my friend will do well by getting the Enviro Meridian given your 9 years of experience!!

AR

Thanks SMWilliamson !!! He should be very satisfied with the Enviro Meridian!!

AR

The Meridian does not have the moving fingers like the Enviro multifuel M55 correct?

Thanks!!

AR

That is correct. The Meridian is pretty much a simple stove. Not a lot of gadgets on it, but I think that's the reason it works so well without breaking down.

Reactions: The Ds
The Meridian does not have the moving fingers like the Enviro multifuel M55 correct?

Thanks!!

AR

No there is not an agitator in the Meridian(or any of its clones). Agitator is only available in the Enviro M55(all versions) and the Maxx M. Regency CG60(insert and free standing). VistaFlame VF 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.