Enviro meridian stop after start up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimau

Nov 10, 2016
Québec canada
Hi group

I have a pellet stove in my garage and he always stop afer start up I put a bypass on the wire for the convention blower sensor and one for the maximum temp sensor I also bypas the vacuum switch and un plug the exhaust sensor and he stop again I try with à external t-star and do the samething. Anybody have an idea I begin to suspect the circuit board but I want other advice before I order it

Thank you for your tips

Unplug exhaust sensor or bypass? Bypass would be required for troubleshooting as there has to be a continued electrical connection. Does it stop while the control board system light is still flashing? Any error codes?

Has the stove been on a surge protector?

Enviro tech manual not sure if it is available in French; sorry. http://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/C-12448 Instruction Meridian-A Domestic Technical Manual.pdf

Found it: http://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/C-14439 Meridian-1 Technical Manual [French]%20-%20R1.pdf

Last edited:
We the exhaust sensor is un plug it's bypass because it's à normal close position. When the stove stop I don't have any flahs code the température contril star at is position and the on/off light flash if I restant it the will start for a noter 20 minute until he stop again

Last edited:
How can I now it's in surge protection
There is no "surge protection" as part of the stove ... I meant the stove should be plugged into a surge protected power bar not right into the electrical outlet.

frist cehck all components individually, test again.

if you still have this problem

check the cleaning 80% of the time it's always beacause there is an obtruction someware in the air path.

Exaush fan, I would then check for the exaush fan if dirth on impellers it can off balance it and you will also get this result.

if you are in quebec you can give me a call 819-660-1043 maybe I can help you over the phone

(( je parle aussi français si cela peu t'aider ))

regards
Pascal

Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
It sounds a lot like the proof of fire sensor may be dirty or gone bad. Its the sensor above the exhaust blower with brown wires going to it. I'd bypass that switch first, before replacing an expensive control board. From what I can tell, sounds like the stove is starting up, but not getting through start up. Take care.

Ok today I remove the exhaust blower and it was pretty clean I check the exhaust sensor and it was clean too I don't know what to do now I have made a lot of test and I didn't find anything

How old is the stove? When you checked the sensors (hopefully one at a time), did you use a "jumper" wire to connect the wiring around the sensor? A jumper is a wire with the same spade connector ends that you find on the sensor.

If you've ruled out all the sensors and wiring connections, it leaves a board issue. Power interruptions and surges can be hard on them which is why I asked if you had it plugged into a surge bar (between the wall power outlet and the stove plug.

There are board repair services out there ... one fellow is located near Peterborough, ON. He mainly advertises for Breckwell stoves but may be able to help you. [email protected]

If you end up with a new control board, you may still want to see if you can repair the old one to have as a back-up.

When you jumped the exhaust sensor, did you follow the procedure on page 37 of the pellet service manual link above? It's a little different from others I have seen.

If I follow this procédure the stove doesn't work because it's a normaly open sensor if I plug the two wire the stove give me à exhaust blower sensor failure

Last edited:
I would suggest going through all the tests that are appropriate for your board using the pellet service manual. Do you know what control board is in your stove? Once you follow the appropriate troubleshooting guide, you should have your answer.

Keep us posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.