Enviro Meridian

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusX1

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2008
Central MA
Just a dumb question, but, I've noticed that no one on the site seems to have a Meridian. I can't possibly be the only one.

I've owned mine for 5 years and haven't had any issues with it.

Possible that no one has had problems with them (I love mine) or they just work really well.

Enviro products are awesome! VF or otherwise - consider me a satisfied dealer.

I own an Enviro Meridian also. We have the brass trim option on our stove. Today I am home with the kids as school was closed (It was
-11 F when I woke up this morning in southeast Wisconsin). I have the stove on the #4 heat setting and the furnace did not run all night. I am heating 3,400 square feet with it (1,400 in our finished basement with the stove at the bottom of the stairs so the heat can come up, and the 1,900 upstairs {we have a ranch}). Temperature readings in our house are as follows.... Basement 76 F (this is what I have the themostat set at on the high/low setting). Kitchen/great room (we have an open concept house) 69 F, 3 bedrooms (these are the furthest from the stove, 65 F). I have little thermometers all offer my house to monitor the temps. I burn Pro Pellets. I LOVE this stove for 3 reasons..........#1 Quiet and adjustable, #2 efficient, #3 looks. Other than scooping out the burn pot daily when I'm running it on high (I don't shut it down, I just scoop it out and close it back up....) and a weekly cleaning that takes about 15 minutes to vacuum, scrape, etc... ( I always do it in the middle of the day so the furnace doesn't kick on) that's all I do. I did initially have an issue with a distribution blower that was bad but the dealer came right out and took care of it. Pellet stoves are not for everyone but they are for me!!! I LOVE THE MERIDIAN!!!!!!!!!

I've had mine for 3 winters. Just replaced the combustion blower. Probably my fault. You're supposed to pull it off once a year and clean out behind it. The manual refers to it as "the venting system"(pipe and all I guess). I like it more than the Quadra Fire Castille I bought this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.