Enviro Milan Won't Stay Lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTSFAM

Jan 21, 2009
Central MA
I recently replaced the exhaust blower, after the original died. I have cleaned the stove, from stem to stern. The stove will just not stay lit after the first five minutes!!!
I have added pellets to the pot before turning it on. The ignitor comes on, because a fire starts. The auger is dropping pellets into the pot, I can see them. The flame gets big, and then just slowly peters out. The auger stops dropping pellets, and the stove shuts down.
After trying this for five times, the stove will finally light for some reason.

Is there some type of sensor that is not tripping? Is my new blower the cause?
Any suggestions?

ooops! I just edited my original post...I meant to say that I just replaced the exhaust blower with a new one. What is a "low limit" on it? All I did was plug it in, and attach it where the old one was.

It blinks #3, which means that I ran out of pellets! The hopper is full, and I see them drop. I just had a really good tall flame, and then the auger stopped turning out pellets, and the stove shut down.....

#3 blink can be a few different things, 1 of which, would be running out of pellets...like they said, its prolly your POF (proof of fire, low temp snap switch). Might need to be cleaned off, might need to be replaced.

maye you just knocked the wire loose when you replaced the fan...you find it mounted to the combustion fblower housing...has 2 wires going to it, right behind the damper.

With the stove off, cold, and unplugged, locate and remove the POF (low limit), then using a damp cloth wipe the crud off of it, place it back where it was.

Plug the stove back in and proceed to start the stove let us know what happens.

Reactions: jtakeman
All right! You guys did it again. I took it out, and was it ever covered in soot and crud. Cleaned it with a damp cloth, put it back in, and I now have FIRE!
I always wondered what that part was above the blower, and now I know. I have never touched that sensor in five years of cleaning the stove. It was a quick 10 minute fix.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.