Enviro Mini A burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UdoraMatt

Oct 18, 2014
Udora, Ontario
Hey guys, this is my first year with my Mini, and the first time we have ever had a pellet stove.

We have noticed recently that after about 8-12 hours of burn, there is black ash buildup at the bottom of the burnpot. We are concerned about overflow, as this is our primary source of heat.

We have cleaned it regularly as per the manual, and have tried to tinker with the combustion, feed rate, and damper settings, all with no luck.

The stove is brand new, and we are pretty frustrated, any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

We are currently burning Currans, hardwood /softwood blend. They seem very dirty and ashy, but I have no other comparison. Thanks for reading.

Can't help you with the mini, but can tell you the Currans this year are very dirty and ashy compared to last year's pellets.

Can't help you with the mini, but can tell you the Currans this year are very dirty and ashy compared to last year's pellets.

ok thanks. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but can that contribute to the burnpot overflowing? Are there settings with the combustion /feed/damper Tha would help. I have about 1.5 tons of the currans left, good heat, but very dirty as we have stated.

Ash buildup in the pot is gonna happen. Some pellets are worse than others. A quick clean out of the pot once or twice a day is not unusual. I don't have that stove but look in your manual and see if you can increase the amount of air. Poorer quality pellets often times need a little extra air to burn properly. A picture of how much ash is in the burn pot will help us determine if what you have going on is normal or not.

Ash buildup in the pot is gonna happen. Some pellets are worse than others. A quick clean out of the pot once or twice a day is not unusual. I don't have that stove but look in your manual and see if you can increase the amount of air. Poorer quality pellets often times need a little extra air to burn properly. A picture of how much ash is in the burn pot will help us determine if what you have going on is normal or not.

ok I will take pics when I get home, thanks for the help

Is that a new stove, or just new to you? If it is a little older (couple of years, you might be able to get a pot upgrade - take a look at this thread. I have a Harman, a bottom feeder, so it pushes the ash out of the way, so I really couldn't tell you anything about your concerns for overflowing. Good luck figuring it out!

Is that a new stove, or just new to you? If it is a little older (couple of years, you might be able to get a pot upgrade - take a look at this thread. I have a Harman, a bottom feeder, so it pushes the ash out of the way, so I really couldn't tell you anything about your concerns for overflowing. Good luck figuring it out!

Hey Bogie, it is a brand new stove, installed in September. Fir some reason, I came home today, and it did not build up. I'm not touching it!

Reactions: bogieb
I think your probably fine. All burn pots build up some ash. Happy burning and enjoy your new stove:cool:

I think your probably fine. All burn pots build up some ash. Happy burning and enjoy your new stove:cool:

yah. I just hear from these threads of people not touching their stove all week, no buildup. It did seem to buildup a little fast on the higher settings today. When I am away from the house, I will keep it on low.

its a small bungalow, 900 sq foot, so it heats up fast.

yah. I just hear from these threads of people not touching their stove all week, no buildup. It did seem to buildup a little fast on the higher settings today. When I am away from the house, I will keep it on low.

Here is a pic of the Mini

Attachments

• Enviro Mini A burn pot
    WP_20141113_004.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 228

Those that don't touch their stoves for a week may have a different burn pot setup like a bottom feed design used on Harmans or a quad with a trap door lever to dump ash from the pot. Top feed fixed pots tend to hold on to the ash. A quick scrape with a small tool one or twice a day and all will be well.

Flame looks nice and vibrant. Nice looking stove.

Those that don't touch their stoves for a week may have a different burn pot setup like a bottom feed design used on Harmans or a quad with a trap door lever to dump ash from the pot. Top feed fixed pots tend to hold on to the ash. A quick scrape with a small tool one or twice a day and all will be well.

Thanks for all the help again. We recently moved here from a bigger town, and I had a forced air furnace, all I did was change the filter! It is just a transition, but we love it out here in the boonies.

Reactions: JDenyer236
Status
Not open for further replies.