Enviro Mini Auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2011
MD Easternshore
My mini auger motor makes a very loud thumping sound.

I see the auger motor is designed to have some play and has two stop bars cushioned with clear plastic tubing. As the motor turns at times it will thump on these stops 4 or 5 times in a row, no big deal just bothersome at times. Wondering if I can just secure the motor or cushion the stop bars with something better.

Thanks all

Yes I understand the shorten life on the motor by securing, hard start instead of already turning then slight hang, will vac out, maybe build the pellet vac, using Hamer Hot Ones and seam to be shortest of any I have used. Any other cushioning type of tubing?

Easternshore Bob said:
My mini auger motor makes a very loud thumping sound.

I see the auger motor is designed to have some play and has two stop bars cushioned with clear plastic tubing. As the motor turns at times it will thump on these stops 4 or 5 times in a row, no big deal just bothersome at times. Wondering if I can just secure the motor or cushion the stop bars with something better.

Thanks all

That's normal, it's the auger breaking up the longer pellets. But it does help to clean the bott0m of the bin. Two ways of mantanice, you can do is to let the stove run out of pellets once a week and vac the bootm out. You can also sift the pellets before dumping into the bin and not have to clean out the bottom untill the end of the seasond.

Personaly I would not restrict the mortor you could breakt the drive shaft on the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.