Enviro mini convection blower intermittent issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cpatts9747

Dec 11, 2022
Raptor06$
I have an enviro mini from 2009 we got it second hand. I’ve had to change a few parts now. To get it running reliably. A few buttons on the board and what not.

Today I cleaned the stove first thing in the morning. Then we got home from breakfast to a funny smell. Go over to the stove and the smell is from the stove “over heating”. It over heated because the convection blower for the room didn’t turn on.
I unplugged the blower found 120 volts going to the blower but the blower not turning. I fiddled with it for a bit like I would do on a blower motor on any gas boiler to try and get heat for the day. Then I shut the stove off and turn it back on and magically the fan is working great again.

Should I be looking at a board issue? I don’t think so. Should I be ordering a new fan?

Is there a snap disc that controls fan? Maybe a temp sensor? I’m not familiar with that model. If there is jump it and see if the fan comes on.

Is there a snap disc that controls fan? Maybe a temp sensor? I’m not familiar with that model. If there is jump it and see if the fan comes on.
There is a snap disc and from what I can tell it’s the same one that tells the stove when the fire is on. So I don’t believe that’s the issue.

Check your wire ends,terminals, make sure they are tight when they push on, if not, tighten.
Tangential blowers,like yours, have to spin very free. Your bushings maybe dry, the motor may have dust/dirt buildup, making it harder for it to start. You can remove fan, blow out with air pressure, and oil the bushings. Although, sometimes crud builds up on the motor shaft ends, and you need to disassemble unit, clean and then oil. The "far" end, has a bushing mounted inside the rubber.
When checking voltage to the blower, has to be checked plugged in, so it is under load, but sounds like you already did this.

Does your Mini have a convection ( Room Air) on/off switch on the control board?
With the stove on when you push it does the fan turn/off?
Remove the fan clean the fan blades and lub the motor.
Then test the stove. If it still has problems replace the board
Boards on Enviro stoves very rarely go bad most likely a dirty or tight fan motor

Check your wire ends,terminals, make sure they are tight when they push on, if not, tighten.
Tangential blowers,like yours, have to spin very free. Your bushings maybe dry, the motor may have dust/dirt buildup, making it harder for it to start. You can remove fan, blow out with air pressure, and oil the bushings. Although, sometimes crud builds up on the motor shaft ends, and you need to disassemble unit, clean and then oil. The "far" end, has a bushing mounted inside the rubber.
When checking voltage to the blower, has to be checked plugged in, so it is under load, but sounds like you already did this.
I didn’t check plugged in just when it was unplugged. Also if it were just dirty I should have been able to “bump” start it. But that never worked

Does your Mini have a convection ( Room Air) on/off switch on the control board?
With the stove on when you push it does the fan turn/off?
Remove the fan clean the fan blades and lub the motor.
Then test the stove. If it still has problems replace the board
Boards on Enviro stoves very rarely go bad most likely a dirty or tight fan motor
I do have an on/off button. I noticed no change in voltage when I hit it. I haven’t tried it again I didn’t want to have it go out. Expecting snow later and would like to stay cozy.