Enviro Mini Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
This is my first season with a Mini. It was insatlled late last spring, and only has about 2 bags run through it. I ran it empty for the summer. This morning I went to gave it a test fire, and all went well except the room/covection blower would not come on. I admit I opened the door during the initial start up to add a handful of pellets to the burn pot to help "prime" thr stove. It was running fine when I shut it down last spring, and was unplugged all summer. Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? Thanks.

How long did you let it burn? It can take awhile before the blower comes on. When I seen the title to the thread. I said to myself "dont let this be hemlock. He just got that stove".

If it was only running 5-10 minutes. It may not have been long enough. I dont own an Enviro. But I believe they operate off of snap discs also.

There are things you can check for. But these are things I would check on an older stove. Like checking the blower with an old lamp cord (stove off, unplugged, and cold) but i wouldnt dare if I were you. Its to new. Depending on how long you ran it. I would either let it run longer (if you must "prime" then do so before the start of the cycle) or the best bet would be to call your dealer. Its brand new and thats what warranties are for. Hope you get it fixed. Dont be discouraged. Pellet stoves dont always act like this.

I agree with Dexter.

Don't know how long you let it run, but if you only let it run for a short time, I would let it go a little longer. My Enviro takes like 15 - 20 minutes before the convection fan kicks in. It has to get hot before it sends the signal to turn on. One of the aspects I don't like about it, no control on the convection fan.

There is another forum member from Long Island who has a mini, hopefully he can chime in.

good luck.

Hello,
Thanks for the responses. Does the convection fan operate independantly of the heat level controls? The "system/mode" light is solid, indicating that it has gone through its start cycle, so I am able adjust the heat output, just no convection fan. Should I still have to wait a bit before the convection blower comes on, even though it has gone through its start sequence? Thanks.

P.S. Dexter - I'm not disouraged. I'm quite confident in the stove, as well as dealer support.

how long have you had it on, anything over 10 min would not seem right..

are you then turning it off or just letting it run

Dont know about Enviros light sequence. But it takes up to 10 minutes for the convection blower (room air) to come one.

The stove must reach a certain temp (snap disc) before the contact closes and opens the circuit to power up the blower. I would give it another shot. Once the flame has been established (about a min or 2 after you 1st see flame) then start a timer. If you exceed 15 min. Shut it down. 15 min is way to long.

Also depending on the heat level, it will take longer to get the snap disc up to the desired temp. On a low setting it may take 12 min. On a high setting 4-8. These are fabricated #'s. But you see what I am getting at. Good luck. Hope it works

I think I might have raised a bit of a false alarm. It seems I may not have waited long enough. I was also kind of using the blower on my wood stove as a comparison (it moves air pretty good). The blower on the mini is much weaker (should it be?). Anyway, it is coming on.

Nice. Yes pellet stoves average around 150 CFM. My Quad is 165 i think. Glad its working for you

Thanks for all the help, guys. I feel like a bit of an idiot.

Hemlock, i get paranoid sometimes too when it comes to the pellet stove. It is a controlled fire in your living space after all. Better to be safe than....

anyway, like others have said, more control of the convection fans is something Enviro should do.

With the Mini, difficult to tell sometimes when blower is running (its a quiet little squirrel cage design- look at end caps sometimes dust/debris gets in there and starts rattles, but thats years down the road.) Env rates it to 1000 sqft, might be a little ambitious, and don't forget the pellet source, get hot ones if possible (Hamers, clear choice, cleanfire, okanagans) and the lil mini will do great. I'm a dealer, the heat level and blower is indeed controlled together with the mother board. Depending on the exhaust set up, damper control is sometimes important too. Good luck, you picked a good one.

Stovelark
Env EF3
Env Emp FPI
Env Kodiak wood FS

Status
Not open for further replies.