Enviro Mini install….

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC

Oct 8, 2012
We're getting a new Enviro Mini installed in a few weeks near Seattle Wa, and I have a few questions before the installer comes. We have a 1 bedroom 'A' frame (800 sq. ft. including loft) chalet with cathedral ceiling. The stove will be installed in the corner (with min. clearance) of our living room opposite the loft.

We've decided that we want the vent to up through the ceiling in the corner as we like the 'wood stove look'. Is this a good way to vent? A little worried about leaks in our rainy environment. Also, would it be wise to use and outdoor air intake vent, or should we be ok without it? Just trying to get advice before installer comes.

Also, just how far from the front of the stove should upholstered furniture be?

And, what are good brand of pellets to by near Issaquah WA?

Getting excited for the warmth - thank you,

Mac

Tell ya a story,got my integra,many years ago,that was installed in a loft condo your size at local ski slope.Every time they tried to use it they had to open all the doors and windows.With the mini,between the thermostat and the fact you can shut off the room blower,I think you will love it.If it were me I would run it right out the wall,much cheaper,and you can still use the wall space above/behind stove.OAK yes,is a newer stove and in a small living space.If you do run exhaust out wall you have the option of mounting the exhaust blower outside the house,if you find the noise annoying.Just my thoughts,Bob.

The manual will tell you how far anything should be from the stove itself, as I don't know off hand. Vertical installs are good in terms of when you lose power it can KIND OF help draw out the exhaust until the power kicks on and the combustion blower can do it's thing but IME it's nominal. I'd vent straight out if possible myself for ease of cleaning even though the manual actually says a good 5' vertical is suggested.

You'll love that stove, we've had one burning in the shop and it's quiet as could be. It puts out good heat and it's easy to clean. I would recommend a vigilante cleaning schedule though as it is a small stove and there is potential for a lot of ash build up in them.

Thank you for the tips and advice. Probably get an OAK if installer agrees.

We also want to go out the top due to ventilate the smoke better as we have a rabbit hutch around the corner on our deck from where the out the wall vent would be.

We won't be using the stove all that much as it's extra warmth on colder days. Probably 1/2 -ton per year.

Will we have to access the top of the vent (above roof) for maintenance? That may be tricker for us due to our landscape. And, will minimum 3 " corner clearance allow room enough to do basic yearly maintenance ?

Last edited:
It will be easy enough to disconnect it and move it away from the wall to clean, it's a very light stove in comparison to what I'm used to moving but your mileage may vary. You don't HAVE to sweep from the top as most of what you will have in the chimney will be ash unless you really mess up your air/fuel ratio. Make sure you end up with a clean out tee so you can pull the cap off to clean it. Keep the stove clean clean clean and it will perform flawlessly. If you have a qualified installer they will do it right the first time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.