Enviro Mini Lighting Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LI-Mini-Owner

Nov 22, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have an Enviro Mini that almost never lights on itsown. The first season it was pretty reliable, but since then I’ve used at least 4 different brands of pellets and it alomost never lites. My typical routine now is to throw a handfull of pellets in the burn pot and hit it for a few seconds with a tourch.

The burn pot gets hot during the ignitian cycle, just not enough to get a fire going most times.

Any ideas?

Make sure the ignitor hasn't shifted in the tube and is touching hte side of the tube causing a heat sink. You may need a new bracket that puts the ignitor slightly closer to the burn pot. I had one that we sold last year that gave us a bunch of trouble. The new bracket solved the problem. THere are also some auger trim settings you can mess with to make it light better that should be tried first. These are outlined in your service manual.

the tube that the ignitor is in the weld has cracked and now out of alignment
call your dealer and ask for a new ignitor tube.

Thanks for the tips - it's working fine now. Like you said the igniter tube had shifted back, and was no longer touching the back of the burner pot liner. I called Envrio support and got the skinny.... My stove has the older ignighter tube that is crimped rather then welded in place. The crimp must have broke free one time when I was re-installing the burner pot. This pushed the tube back a bit.

So for the time being I pulled the ignigter tube back out where it belongs, and made sure the pot liner was touching the tube. The stove lit the first time. I'll be calling my dealer to have him order me the new improved welded tube. (I hope they won't charge me for it).

Again thanks for the tips.

Carl

Here is a photo I made up of the old and new
and info you will need if you do a tack weld your self.

Attachments

• mini_ignitortube_50-1408.jpg
    mini_ignitortube_50-1408.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 856
When we bought our Mini, the dealer switched the burn-pot that came with the stove for a new one from Enviro. The new design has a semi-circle piece of steal welded to the back of the burn-pot where the igniter tube meets. This helps eliminate any gaps between the burn-pot and the ignition tube. No problems with ignition so far.

Just wanted to let everyone know on this site that this topic just helped me out in a big way. I have been having the same problem with start ups with my Enviro Mini and after reading this post my problem is fixed. Apparently I have the old style ignitor in my stove and the tube had been pushed back. I will take the ignitor out in a few days and have my friend spot weld it so it won't slide back again. For now, I just pulled it towards the burn pot liner and it is firing up just fine. Thanks for a great site.

Sawsalesman said:
Just wanted to let everyone know on this site that this topic just helped me out in a big way.......Thanks for a great site.

Hearth.com to the rescue once again! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.