Enviro Mini Manometer test

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2011
MD Easternshore
OK got my manometer and spent the entire am looking for a piece of tubing or something to fit the test hole No Luck. It is an 1/8" hole.

Will check auto parts store for 1/8 od copper tubing, and some hobby stores.

Another Q. The air being drawn in at the bottom of the glass is the air wash. How much being drawn in is to much? I can feel a good draw placing my hand at the bottom of the glass.

Any ideas.

Bob

Last edited:
If high temp not an issue try aquarium supply. Fuel supply lines for gas powered planes and cars

Disregard the glass Q. When the stove is burning there is very little air being drawn at the bottom of the glass. I was checking during cool down, as soon as the glass heats up all is good.

Just pressing the Mag tube up to the test hole I find that I need to close the damp down quite a bit to get down to the .12wc they call for. Had to clean out the damp slide to close it enough after 6 years of running what I thought looked good. I have been running at .20. Wonder what changes we will see with the new setting.

Auto oil gauge hookup kit had the 1/8 tubing and fitting that fits on the end of gauge tube fitting.
001.JPG

Thanks for putting the oil gauge hookup info out there. You just saved me some time i am sure. I got the same meter today and I am going to set the stove properly tonight.

Out of curiosity, any noticible differences when you brought the wc from .2 down to .12?

Yes I notice a difference. The ash on the window is a lighter gray and not as much of it. A lot less ash in the bottom bin and it is a lighter color than before and it sounds crazy but I think it is putting out more heat. Probably was not getting a full burn of the pellets the other way. Money well spent.

What stove do you have Brian?

Bob

I have the enviro mini A. I just installed a few weeks back. Now I'm am just trying to get it tuned in. I'm also looking to do something with the fresh air intake. Right now it just dumps cold air into the house when the stove is off.

Glad to hear your results. I hope I experience the same.

y4a2yha4.jpg

I didn't necessarily need it but the inspector required it. I tried talking my way out of it to no success.

Just tested the stove and I was close by eyeing the flame. I was at .10. Hopefully a little adjustment helps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.