Enviro Mini Model's and Production dates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kast

Sep 28, 2008
Stoughton M.A
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a Enviro Mini Model WH-MINI.

Does anyone know how to tell what model pertains to what year it was made? Or how to tell what year the one I just purchased was made? I have a feeling that I purchased a new MINI ($2700) but was giving a 2006 model off their show room floor! I have e-mailed the manufacture with some questions but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!

I know on the inside of hopper lid on my empress there is a production/manufacture date on the sticker.

Thanks guys, yeah it seems that 2006 might be there last line? i will check the hopper when i get home.

The date was on the back of the cover for the Ash bin, its NOV 2005! :) so even if there latest model dates to 2006 i feel i still got ripped off!

I think your comment misses the point of it all, why lie to the customer in the first place?

Also if you where told that this model would be available in two months, which you agreed would be fine then turns out they just wait the month and a half and take the floor model that has wear and tare that's what really gets me, 2005 or 2006 that doesn't matter but don't lie to me.

I agree with you Kast. If I was not told at the time of purchase that the stove was a few years old, I would assume that the manufacturers production date would be somewhat current. It would upset me to find out the date after the purchase. I guess the dealer does not have to disclose, so it's hard to say if you can consider it a deceptive sale or not.

You can bet that I will check dates the next time I purchase one. Although I do hope it is not for quite awhile.

kast said:
Also if you where told that this model would be available in two months, which you agreed would be fine then turns out they just wait the month and a half and take the floor model that has wear and tare that's what really gets me, 2005 or 2006 that doesn't matter but don't lie to me.
caveat emptor

Kast, I'm with you on this too. Another slime-ball, shady dealer. I'd bust his eggs till he makes it right. >:-( :down:

Kast
Is there any reason you can't post the name of this dealer. Those of us on the South Shore would like to know if dealers in our area are bad or good for that matter.
wish you luck
Thanks

I looked it up, i got yeah :) "Buyer Beware!!"

I spoke to the dealer who apologized about the mix up (if you call it that) about the floor model. he took $300 of the top. Also spoke to Enviro who said

"The Mini is a current model that Enviro still produces, a very popular unit! There have been no changes to it and what you have is a unit that was held as stock by your distributor until they sold it"

So all in all it worked out. I'm glad it did because i really like the stove and didn't want to give it back! :)

Thanks everyone!

Mixup??? How could he not know the floor model was sold at full price?
Bet I know who this dealer is without you even mentioning the name.

Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end tho.

kast said:
I looked it up, i got yeah :) "Buyer Beware!!"

I spoke to the dealer who apologized about the mix up (if you call it that) about the floor model. he took $300 of the top. Also spoke to Enviro who said

"The Mini is a current model that Enviro still produces, a very popular unit! There have been no changes to it and what you have is a unit that was held as stock by your distributor until they sold it"

So all in all it worked out. I'm glad it did because i really like the stove and didn't want to give it back! :)

Thanks everyone!

I bought an Enviro Mini online this summer, no way I could have passed up the price. It was brand new, in the crate. Manufactured date on the sticker on the stove was 2005. It runs like a top and has thoroughly impressed me.

I bought an Enviro Evolution in August that was used as a display model but was never burnt. Its a 2005 model but comes with full warrenty. I knew it was an older display when I bought the stove but for $2,200.00 it was a good deal so couldn't see any reason to pass it up.

Yeah the one I purchased wasn't turned on either, strictly for show. I paid $2400.

But I did have a service tech out yesterday because of an issue with the damper and he gave it a thumbs up after looking it over. I really like the stove and in the limited area I have to put one the size is necessary for the fit :)

The issue with the damper was it wouldn't slide because turns out the Clinching nut was tighten down behind the panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.