Enviro Mini noisy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 25, 2012
California sierras
My Enviro Mini has developed a random thump. When it goes into cool down mode the thump goes away. It seems to be related to the auger drive. The pellet level in the hopper seems to have no effect on the frequency or volume of the noise. The Mini was purchased new in 07-2012. This unit has not been abused, only clean, bagged pellets have been used and the auger has never jammed. I did have it seviced at the begining of this season. Any words of wisdom?

could be the agitator breaking up the carbon building in the burn pot.

or the auger working through something.

are you using new pellets? the mini is picky on some pellets.

if you really think its the auger, then watch it, see of the thump happens while pellets drop. if you can open a panel to see how the auger motor turns, then do it.

hopefully other mini owners will chime in.

good luck

1st step: clean out the hopper of all pellets, scoop then vacuum out all the sawdust as well... then stick the crevice tool on the inside "up the chute" and clean the auger pathway... try and get the auger completely clean then put a scoop of pellets in the hopper and fire her up and observe what happens next??

The thump is the auger motor hitting on the stops. The stops have plastic tubing in them to cushion the hit. When pellets are long they get jammed in the auger and this allows the motor some give then it hits the stops and breaks the pellet apart. Some brands of pellets are shorter than others. I use Hamers and they don't make the thump as much as others.

That's my take in it.

Mini user for 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.