Enviro Mini pressure switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dferr

Oct 12, 2014
Bangor, PA
While I have the stove running with a good burning flame, I opened the door to check the safety vacuum switch, and the stove just continues to run and feed pellets. If I pull the hose off of the switch or the blower box it will trip the switch and shut down. I am running the stove with no stove pipe at this time, just checking things out, I don't know if that could cause the problem, or if it's something else.

It could be the damper is open too far and most likely once you add the pipe the switch will react faster. Just thinking out load.

If removing the hose effects the circuit. Its likely the switch is good.

It could be the damper is open too far and most likely once you add the pipe the switch will react faster. Just thinking out load.

Yeah, I think I'll get some pipe on the stove and do anther test. The damper set too about an 1/8 to a 1/4 pulled out, if I open it any more, the flame start to turn into a blow torch! I think putting some pipe on will calm that down too.

Hi, Jay, good to see you around.

On topic, I am with Jay here, try it with the pipes on. Those switches are picky though, so you may just have to buy a new one. You really don't want to be without one; it's just another safety feature.

Hi, Jay, good to see you around.

On topic, I am with Jay here, try it with the pipes on. Those switches are picky though, so you may just have to buy a new one. You really don't want to be without one; it's just another safety feature.

I sent an email to East Coast Hearth on this, and this is what they said.

Hello Don,

The vacuum switch is connected to the exhaust port or exhaust manifold. It only detects if the exhaust blower dies. On other model stoves it is on the back of the fire chamber so it detects if the fire door is open but not on yours.

The vacuum switch is connected to the exhaust port or exhaust manifold. It only detects if the exhaust blower dies
X2
Opening the door will not effect the vac switch only if the vac in the exhaust fails eg combustion motor stops
will use lose vac and stove will shut down . I hope this makes sense ( switch is between door and combustion fan )

Status
Not open for further replies.