Enviro Mini question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dferr

Oct 12, 2014
Bangor, PA
I just bought a used Enviro Mini, I think it's a 2005 model. The little stove is working great! The question I have is with the fresh air intake, it doesn't seem to have one. Please see attached photo. The hole right next to the igniter is the intake, but it's not connected to the back of the stove.

Thanks, Don

Attachments

• 2014-10-12 12.52.50.jpg
    2014-10-12 12.52.50.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 119
I have a 2012 model so it may be different. Mine has the fresh air intake on the back removable panel. The other side does not connect to anything. It is just open inside the back of the stove.

There have been people that connected the intake to the tube that feeds air on the fire box. I thought about doing this as I thought the opening in back of the stove would be drafty. Mine however was not and could be because I put my intake outlet under my bulkhead to protect it from the elements.

I have a 2012 model so it may be different. Mine has the fresh air intake on the back removable panel. The other side does not connect to anything. It is just open inside the back of the stove.

There have been people that connected the intake to the tube that feeds air on the fire box. I thought about doing this as I thought the opening in back of the stove would be drafty. Mine however was not and could be because I put my intake outlet under my bulkhead to protect it from the elements.

Yeah, it seems to me that if it is not connected, it's kind of ueslless. You would just have cold air coming right into the back of the open stove.

I think the thought behind it is that if your house is seed fairly tight and the stove is trying to draw air it will take from the path of least resistance. In this case it would be the intake.

Like I said with my setup I don't have much draft through mine when the stove is off. Results may vary though

I think the thought behind it is that if your house is seed fairly tight and the stove is trying to draw air it will take from the path of least resistance. In this case it would be the intake.

Like I said with my setup I don't have much draft through mine when the stove is off. Results may vary though

I see what you're saying, kind of like just leaving a window cracked a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.