enviro mini question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yvillanz

Nov 21, 2013
irvine pa
I have a Enviro mini pellet stove . OK pull out the ash catch pan there are 2 clean outs one on the left side and one on the right side. just behind the ash pan there is a square opening with 4 bolt holes where a plate would cover. i guess my question is when running the pellet stove should that be plated off or open? i ran it all last year with it open seemed fine but it seemed to pull the flames down and around the fire pot.

I bought a used Mini last summer and have been using it sporadically for a couple of weeks - all night for the first time last night; low this am was 14 f. When I bought it I did a thorough cleaning and overhaul. From that, I'm sure the plate on the back behind the ash pan is another clean-out and should be screwed closed when running.

How's your ash pan gasket and latch? Those areas are weaknesses on an otherwise excellent heater.

I have the same model as you. I clean out those every 3 cleanings, ash can build up in there. I use a Cleva vaccuum with the pellet stove attachment kit to get in there easily with the hose to get it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.