Enviro mini won't start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoov76

Dec 19, 2005
Ok, I’ve done some googling & some searching on this forum to see if there is a common answer to this question but I couldn’t find it. So, I’m looking to you guys to bail me out before I pull my hair out.

The Problem:
- Stove runs for approximately 10 seconds and shuts off
- Auger functions as pellets can be seen dropping
- Combustion blower is functioning because traces of ash can be seen blowing around
- Don’t know about ignition plug since it doesn’t run long enough to do the idiot test
- Once the stove shuts off, the board flashes 1 time every 2 seconds or so (not sure if this is an error indicator or not)

What I’ve tried:
- Removed all panels and thoroughly cleaned inside the stove
- Removed trap cap and cleaned exhaust
- Checked gaskets
- Checked to make sure I didn’t have the ash pot askew
- Checked to make sure damper was functioning (tried starting with damper in multlple positions)
- Tried starting in hi/low, manual and thermostat setting (BTW - I don’t have a thermostat connected)
- Tried all of the above with window open (just in case my farm house is really air tight)

Other facts:
- 2006 model Enviro set on factory supplied stand
- 2nd stove in the house works fine - fireplace insert
- No thermostat connected
- No fresh air exhaust tube (manual said this was for tightly sealed homes and my 1856 farm house doesn’t fit in that category)
- Exhaust vents to a T and up into my my chimney and is lined to the top

I hope this gives you the details needed to provide some much needed advice. Let me know if I’ve missed a detail you need for troubleshooting and I’ll reply ASAP.

Thanks all!

This is right out of the tech manual. I would bet the vacuum(red) hose is plugged. Inplug the stove Remove the hose and blow air thru it. Replace and try it again

http://www.enviro.com/images/manuals-brochures/tech-manuals/C-11624 Instruction Mini A Technical Manual.pdf

Light # 2 on Heat output bar flashing.
(The Vacuum Switch contacts have opened for more than 15 sec.)
üPinch, break or blockage in Vacuum Hose - Check hose for pinch points or damage, replace or re-route as required. Blow out Vacuum Hose
üBlocked Hose Barb on Exhaust Channel - Use a paper clip to clean out Hose Barb or remove the Vacuum Hose from the Vacuum Switch and blow into the hose to remove blockage.
üBlocked exhaust / venting system - Have stove and venting cleaned and inspected.
üSevere negative pressure in area where unit is installed - Check the operation by opening a window, does this solve the problem? If it does, install fresh air intake to unit or room. Venting system may require vertical section to move termination into a low pressure zone.
üVacuum Switch failure - Bypass the vacuum switch, if this corrects the problem check for above problems before replacing the Vacuum Switch.
üDamage to gray wires between Circuit Board and Vacuum Switch - Inspect wires and connectors
üCombustion Blower failure - The Combustion Blower is not turning fast enough to generate the proper vacuum in the Exhaust Channel. Visual Check; is the blower motor turning? Check the Exhaust Blower voltage across the blower wires (>=114V on #5 setting and >= 82V on #1 setting). – Replace the Circuit Board if the Voltage reading is less than 82 V. with a line voltage >114 V AC.
üCheck Vacuum levels in the exhaust channel by bypassing the vacuum switch, then remove the Vacuum hose from Vacuum Switch. Check exhaust vacuum readings by placing the open end of the Vacuum Hose on a Magnahelic Gauge. (readings must be above .10” W.C. on low fire).
If the motor fails to reach a 0.10” W.C. readings, then replace the Combustion Blower
To reset Circuit Board after a trouble code - push the ON/OFF button

Hope it helps
jay

Thanks for the quick reply jtakeman! That was it. Sorry for the noob question but I had gotten in over my head I guess. I'm glad there's a forum with knowledgeable people willing to put up with the questions that are straight out of the manual. The vacuum hose wasn't plugged but a small screw driver probing into the hose barb cleared a block and did the trick.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.