Enviro Omega Hearth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
I was wondering if anyone else uses that factory hearth directly on the floor? 3/16" steel doesnt seem like much protection. The manual states its ok and I was fine with that when I installed it but I didn't realize that ashpan would get as hot as it does. Anyone?

I was wondering if anyone else uses that factory hearth directly on the floor? 3/16" steel doesnt seem like much protection. The manual states its ok and I was fine with that when I installed it but I didn't realize that ashpan would get as hot as it does. Anyone?

If its anything like the evolution it doesnt sit directly on the floor. The outer edge of the hearth is bent and it sits on 4 feet leaving an air gap between the floor and the steel. And mine isnt 3/16" thick either. But it says no other protection needed.

when we sold Omega's, we always would recomend a hearth pad for underneath and still do for the Maxx, Mini and P series. We were worried about not only the heat, but chassis vibration slowing working the metal hearth into what ever it was sitting on.

thanks guys

Noticed you posted on another board as well. I looked at your manual and the hearth protection on your stove is only the part sticking beyond the stove.. for hot ember protection.. the stove does not make contact with the flooring. It sits on 4 adjustable feet leaving an air space between the flooring and the stove itself. If it is in fact sitting flat to the floor then it is not installed correctly. Also my stove only gets warm to the touch around the bottom. the hearth pad attatched to it stays cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.