Enviro Omega Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The power cord touching the hot vent pipe is a nice touch.

They left me 4 screw in legs. lol Im thinking those should be on the stove? Also they gave me a break on install because my dad was getting one too. I will have the outside shots too. ALSO in the fire window the gasket i think its called the rope around the window there is a 1/2 inch cut right in the middle bottom does that matter

These are the pics of the screws, outside and that rope gasket

Attachments

• rope1.JPG
    rope1.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 430
  • rope2.JPG
    rope2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 424
  • outside1.JPG
    outside1.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 441
also the room i put it in is 20 by 13 with a big ceiling fan and 9 ft ceilings is that the omga to big for that room. The pipe they installed was 4 inches. Should I have them come back and fix the piping?

The remote thermostat can that be placed in the same room since thats the room I dont want to over heat. If that is a waste of a remote thermostat should I just get a regular thermostat.

deadeye316 said:
here are the rest

You never did say how much they charged?
that is about a 1 hours job to us nothing special
but the CUSTOM venting in the house.

Installers DID not:nothing special but the CUSTOM venting in the house.

Did NOT READ THE manuals !!!!!!!!!!!
Did not paint the pipe, Did not complete the set up of the stove (legs)
Did not test the stove or Set the air with a Magnahilic

Did not set up a thermostat or explain to the customer how a pellet stove works
Did not Train the customer on how to clean and maintain the stove.

m not sure if you MUST have the leveling legs in or not but I would feel better if they were on so you have an air gap under the stove sense you are on wood floor.

The gasket looks OK by the photo hard to tell

but I would like to see about 6" or more distance from the cap to that nice siding.

deadeye316 said:
The installer left and the air trim was wide open because it needed to run on 5 out of 5 for an hour to burn out the oils.

This is BAD advise!
YOU NEVER WANT TO RUN ANY KIND OF STOVE ON FULL the first fireing.
Not good for the metal, stone, glass or the paint.

Ash per Stove bright paint
you must burn low to medium for a few hours for the paint to set
The paint will we soft the first time it gets warmed up.
then when you let it cool and heat up again the paint hardens. A lot like tempering.

The manager called me and is having a different installer do my dads and come take a look at mine. He doesnt know why they didnt put the legs on it and they will look at that aswell. Also they are going to install a remote thermostat. They are going to take a look at the air control. One thing i mentioned that on the low setting the flame wasnt coming over the burn pot that much and they said it was normal that if on its lowest settings. Is that correct? I think when that other tech comes over looks the install over and puts the thermostat up everything will be fine. Hearthtools if only you were from NY.

deadeye316 said:
The manager called me and is having a different installer do my dads and come take a look at mine. He doesnt know why they didnt put the legs on it and they will look at that aswell. Also they are going to install a remote thermostat. They are going to take a look at the air control. One thing i mentioned that on the low setting the flame wasnt coming over the burn pot that much and they said it was normal that if on its lowest settings. Is that correct? I think when that other tech comes over looks the install over and puts the thermostat up everything will be fine. Hearthtools if only you were from NY.
The stove on low will be a Small fire
so a low fire in the burn pot is normal

Like I said in the PM
there is nothing wrong with your stove
just the installers did not know their butt from a auger tube

I emailed the enviro tech to look at this thread.

just wanted to say thanks and that i over reacted in part of them leaving without really showing me much I thought I was doing alot wrong. Right now in the living room it is 75. far kitchen 71 and upstairs 71. It is on low. It is 30 degrees outside hasn hit the cold temps yet but furnace hasnt ran all day.

deadeye316 said:
any thoughts on what the installer said
The installer also said to run the stove dry every other ton? He said to help with the fines. Any thoughts on that

You may by mistake of not keeping your stove full run out of pellets
It is a good idea to let it go dry and check the auger and if you have a lot of dust suck it out with a vac

How is the stove doing?
By now you figured out it is a heater.

lol yep its doing good. The humidifier actually helped out alot too. Its nice not hearing the furnace going on. I have been running it on and off till I get the thermostat hooked up. So far its keeping the whole house at a nice temperature.

Should there be ash or semi burnt pellets on the side of the burn liner. After 3 days im seeing some ash and very smalls burnt pellets on the edges is that ok. I read the manual and I already have the damper low. Also I am running the stove on the lowest setting too.

deadeye316 said:
Should there be ash or semi burnt pellets on the side of the burn liner. After 3 days im seeing some ash and very smalls burnt pellets on the edges is that ok. I read the manual and I already have the damper low. Also I am running the stove on the lowest setting too.

Yes normal to have ash and what looks like unburned pellets at the side of the burn pot
but when you clean the ash out and see a lot of Black rabbit like turd pellets then you dont have enough air.

I really think with your install (4 90 deg turns) you air rod needs to be out about half way no matter what feed rate.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE THE AIR ADJUSTMENT WITH EACH FEED RATE.
Set it and leave. Have your dealer set it with a magnahelic.

the speed of the combustion blower changes with each feed rate.

deadeye316 said:
with all those 90 degree turns if the power goes out do you think even with the 5 ft pipe outside that the smoke will go in the house

Unplug the stove when it it running and find out.

recap, they were going to put a remote thermostat on my omega. They were going to send a senior tech to my house after they did my dads install. They get to my dads and have no clue what im talking about. The guy searches his truck finds one comes to the house and takes the cover off to install. They didnt have the right voltage or something so couldnt do it. The air damper he didnt know either. So now i have to call the manager tomorrow since this is the first omega they installed. Im thinking I went with the wrong dealer lol

deadeye316 said:
recap, they were going to put a remote thermostat on my omega. They were going to send a senior tech to my house after they did my dads install. They get to my dads and have no clue what im talking about. The guy searches his truck finds one comes to the house and takes the cover off to install. They didnt have the right voltage or something so couldnt do it. The air damper he didnt know either. So now i have to call the manager tomorrow since this is the first omega they installed. Im thinking I went with the wrong dealer lol

All I have to say is see my post
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13651/#150555

i did a search and cant find a post hearth had on thermostats and high low mode and on off mode. Was going to run on. off during the day so the 1st floor when im not home and high low when i am home.

Status
Not open for further replies.