enviro omega

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westcafe

Oct 5, 2008
central, ma
We purchased this stove in September and installed it ourselves. It seems to be running fine, but have nothing to compare it to. Its been very cold here so far and this is our only source of heat, besides a gas fireplace insert. We have gone through a ton of pellets so far running on on/off mode at 3(med.) The stove is in the basement near the stairway coming upstairs. The house is 2000 sq.' with cathedral ceailings 1 floor. We have only been able to keep the house between 60-63 with outside temps being in the 20's. Is there someway we can circulate the heat to get to the main floor better? It seems like we have used alot of pellets so far, but again nothing to compare it to.

westcafe said:
We purchased this stove in September and installed it ourselves. It seems to be running fine, but have nothing to compare it to. Its been very cold here so far and this is our only source of heat, besides a gas fireplace insert. We have gone through a ton of pellets so far running on on/off mode at 3(med.) The stove is in the basement near the stairway coming upstairs. The house is 2000 sq.' with cathedral ceilings 1 floor. We have only been able to keep the house between 60-63 with outside temps being in the 20's. Is there someway we can circulate the heat to get to the main floor better? It seems like we have used alot of pellets so far, but again nothing to compare it to.

Heat out put is heat output.
I heat my once story Ranch style home just under 1900 sq feet with our omega at setting 3 with on and off. I used 3 ton last year
out weather is mild with our COLD night around 20 -30 and days 35 -50
a few time a year we get temps in the teens but for only a few days at a time.

but we dont have alot of days like that
most of the time the days are 45 -60 and nights 30- 45

If you stove is in the basement then you are heating two stories.
sounds like you need to run the stove at a higher setting.
the 3 setting is only about 30,000 to 35,000 btu and to heat 1800 sq feed you need about 40,000 for a noraml layout one story home.

The only way to move are is with fans.

hearthtools said:
westcafe said:
We purchased this stove in September and installed it ourselves. It seems to be running fine, but have nothing to compare it to. Its been very cold here so far and this is our only source of heat, besides a gas fireplace insert. We have gone through a ton of pellets so far running on on/off mode at 3(med.) The stove is in the basement near the stairway coming upstairs. The house is 2000 sq.' with cathedral ceilings 1 floor. We have only been able to keep the house between 60-63 with outside temps being in the 20's. Is there someway we can circulate the heat to get to the main floor better? It seems like we have used alot of pellets so far, but again nothing to compare it to.

Heat out put is heat output.
I heat my once story Ranch style home just under 1900 sq feet with our omega at setting 3 with on and off. I used 3 ton last year
out weather is mild with our COLD night around 20 -30 and days 35 -50
a few time a year we get temps in the teens but for only a few days at a time.

but we dont have alot of days like that
most of the time the days are 45 -60 and nights 30- 45

If you stove is in the basement then you are heating two stories.
sounds like you need to run the stove at a higher setting.
Will try that. How can We tell if its burning efficiently? We do get some black soot on the glass, but not much and it needs to be cleaned every couple of weeks. Sorry for so many questions, but new to this and really appreciate al the helpful info on here.

Wow, sorry new to this and trying to navigate around and posted wrong
I will try a higher setting and see if that helps. Just trying to make sure it is running efficiently. Seems like we have burned alot of pellets, but it does run 24/7. We have some black soot on the glass, but it takes about 2 weeks after cleaning before we need to clean it again. Does that sound normal or should we adjust the draft. We are burning LG pellets and they seem to burn real nice.

westcafe said:
Wow, sorry new to this and trying to navigate around and posted wrong
I will try a higher setting and see if that helps. Just trying to make sure it is running efficiently. Seems like we have burned alot of pellets, but it does run 24/7. We have some black soot on the glass, but it takes about 2 weeks after cleaning before we need to clean it again. Does that sound normal or should we adjust the draft. We are burning LG pellets and they seem to burn real nice.

Most stoves the glass gets dirty if a few days. Brown or grey soot.

but black soot is NOT good. You need to give it more air
I found with mine that I set the air visually by the way the flame looked.
then I put a Magnahilic on it and I was not even close the the recommended Reading Envrio had in the book
I had to open the air rod 3/4 the way out at home
and my stove at the store I have the air rod all the way out.

Also make sure when you put the ash pan in you push is all the way to the back and clean out any spilled ashed behind and below the pan.

Pellet brand does not tell me anything

Status
Not open for further replies.