enviro outside combustion kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an M55 FS Steel heating 2000 sq ft with 5 tons no outside air kit, have read pro's and con's both ways, 1990 colonial house is well insulated but not tight, no burning problems great flame, I would only question the argument of using the warm house air and put it up the chimney, but on the other hand using house air helps circulate the air in the rooms just my opinion

Latent said:
Just wanted to know if anyone was using the outside combustion kit..

Are you referring to the kit that puts the combustion blower outside the house? If so, I personally have never heard anyone here that used one (although I think it's a GREAT idea).

imacman said:
Latent said:
Just wanted to know if anyone was using the outside combustion kit..

Are you referring to the kit that puts the combustion blower outside the house? If so, I personally have never heard anyone here that used one (although I think it's a GREAT idea).

Yes on the kit for the combustion blower outside. My father mounted his combustion motor outside (home-made) to quiet down his stove and I'm thinking of doing the same. I have a St Croix stove and just fixed the versa grate motor noise, changed the combustion blower motor as well as the room blower dropped the noise down. We sit about 10' from the stove less noise is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.