Enviro P3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have it burning in our shop. I really like it sofar

What are you guys selling the black (standard) P3 for? How does the new control system on the P3 work without a thermostat and how is it different than the Mini?

Thanks!
AR

Would this heat a home well with 18k max heating load (heat load at -17F is about 18k btu - new , tight construction with good insulation values)? Any other good choices in the same price range?

Does the P3 use outside air by default or is that an accessory?

Is there somewhere that specifies how much electricity it uses?

Does this self light?

Would this heat a home well with 18k max heating load (heat load at -17F is about 18k btu - new , tight construction with good insulation values)? Any other good choices in the same price range?

Does the P3 use outside air by default or is that an accessory?

Is there somewhere that specifies how much electricity it uses?

Does this self light?
the p3 can use outside aire and is set up to do so
the eletrical draw measures the same as the mini (4.1 amps on start up)

I'd like more feedback on the P3 and how it compares to the Harmon Eccentra. I have a 1240sq ft single floor house with open floor plan and the winters here are not extreme, just wanting something to offset the elec furnace for 4 months or so. House is new, tight and well insulated.
How has this P3 been doing? Any used ones out there with the ivory sides?

Hi db- we sold a couple of P3's last season, no real feedback, so assume all is well. For the money, I'd still get the mini for the cost difference. The comfort control on the P3 is interesting, seems to work ok too. We don't burn it at the store, we run the mini for the pricepoint. Don't think you'll find many used ones yet, too new a unit.

Hi db- we sold a couple of P3's last season, no real feedback, so assume all is well. For the money, I'd still get the mini for the cost difference. The comfort control on the P3 is interesting, seems to work ok too. We don't burn it at the store, we run the mini for the pricepoint. Don't think you'll find many used ones yet, too new a unit.
I see the p3 has a larger hopper and was hoping that would equate to longer times between refills? Also, as I've been reading just wondering how it compares to the Harmon products for ease of use?

Sounds like an improvement over the Enviro Mini and Mini-A
I found the Mini works a lot better with the ash pan latch like the Mini-A has.
Also they both work better with a better exhaust blower and larger impeller blade. You can get used ones a lot cheaper and they can be fixed up really nice.
I got them to run on heat level one much better with the better exhaust blower. The upgraded burn pot and control panel do not make much difference. IMHO.
Just keep the vacuum spigot on the exhaust manifold clear of ash and it runs quite well. :)

I see the p3 has a larger hopper and was hoping that would equate to longer times between refills? Also, as I've been reading just wondering how it compares to the Harmon products for ease of use?
Nothing compares to Harman. The giant auger bearing And heavy duty burn pot almost never wears out. Also the double paddle exhaust impellers means no mound of ash building up behind the blades! This keeps the sensitive mechanical components from over heat exposure when the stove gets dirty and is why they last longer! Name another stove like that? IMHO

Last edited:
Well, hard to compare the P3 to Harman. The P3 does have the comfort control control board, its got 5 settings that equates to a setting of temps of a few degrees each. For example, if I'm on C3, that might correspond to 70 degrees in my sized house normally, but if its gets colder out, the stove can go up in heat automatically to try and maintain 70 inside and likewise if it warms up outside, the heat level will be shifted down automatically, trying to keep a level temp in the house. I haven't got much feedback on how it works in the field as of yet. The P3 is still a quiet, effective heater, moreso than the mini, the problem I have with it is its rather expensive cost. (MSRP 3049 in red or ivory vs. 2599 MSRP for the mini). Can't go wrong with the Harman either, except its rather high cost.....

Hello
Harman P43 MSRP is $3149 but they have a $100 rebate so $3049 brand new.
Why buy new when an old Harman works like new?
They can be had for a lot less. In fact Harman P61s are much more common so if you look hard you can get one cheap. I got my backup used P61A for $225 and my main P61A for $1200

Finding a good used pellet stove in his area is a very difficult thing ...

People around here think Harman is pure gold example below

Date Listed 11-Jun-16
Price
$1,650.00

View map

For Sale By Owner
VERY ATTRACTIVE AND IMMACULATELY MAINTAINED. USED EVERY SEASON FOR THE PAST 14 YEARS. VERY RELIABLE AND HEATS 1400 SQUARE FEET COMFORTABLY. ALL PIPING IS INCLUDED.LOW OPERATING COSTS. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE

And something newer

Date Listed 04-Jul-16
Price
$3,500.00

View map

For Sale By Owner
Harman cast iron pellet stove. Accentra model in working condition. Comes with some venting and cast hearth pad. If bought new over 5000. 3500 obo text or call

or how about this one again old and a lot of money

• $_14.JPG
Date Listed 01-Jul-16
Price
$2,200.00
Address
Canada

View map

For Sale By Owner
Harman pellet stove. Model P-61-2. The stove is about 12- 13 years old, it still works fine. Harman is among the leading pellet stove on the market. Those models deliver 55,000 BTU, enough to eat up to 1500 Sq. feet house. It comes with a chimney, and a fireproof tiles flooring. It is also possible to connect it up to a wall thermostat, it does make life easy

While there is a need for heating in Arizona, not quite the same as Ontario!!!;lol I looked at the craigslist in his area, Englanders were the only thing showing up. Not a bad stove but not the same league as Harman... If I were to entertain the Englanders, I would go for the refurbs
http://www.amfmenergy.com/manufacturer-refurbished-stoves.html
That is a good way to get a bargain on an Englander. Both Harmans and Englanders are made to last. IMHO Harmans really are pure gold. :)

This will be our third year with the P3, as far as we know we were one of the first installs.

We're really happy with stove has been reliable and easy to use considering it's our first time with pellet heat.

The climate feature works great in the shoulder seasons only turning on when it gets cold, running enough to bring up the temp and then shutting off. Maintenance wise I do two cleaning per season, one at the start and another 1/2 way thru the season. We use it as our main source of heat in our old 1200sqf farm house burning about 3t of softwood and 1t of hard in a season. It keeps the house at 20'C until we get down to about -25 and then we run the oil furnace for a few minutes every few hours to top it up. We usually tackle an insulation project once a year so each year we need the oil less.

My first complaint is that you must pull the left side cover off (maybe 5min/8 screws) in order to adjust the draft which I do each time I switch between hard and softwood pellets. With the way our winters have been getting hot/cold so often, I've just been leaving the side cover off from Jan-March to simplify the process.

Second, our stove is also not in a main room so we would like to be able to turn the heat exchanger fan up to full even if its on setting 3 or 4, it makes a big difference when that fan kicks into high gear. This could easily be done with a program change but it just isn't a setting. This year I'm goin gto call Enviro to see if there have been any software updates.

Second, who designed this ash pan? Stupid thing doesn't fit snug and there are ashes everywhere when you go to clean it. As a result, we now put it off until we really need to empty it and have a special scoop to collect all the ash that has fallen outside the pan. Bright side is it usually lasts a week in mid winter. See photo uploaded on this post for what it looks like everytime you pull the ash pan.

Quiet, clean, low maintenance stove if you ask me. Looks great, price was reasonable and we've been impressed by the output. Looking forward to another year of pellet heat.

Attachments

• ash.jpg
    ash.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 210
We have a P3 out there in operation and a friend who owns it is saying it won't run in 2 now for some reason. I need to investigate further and see what is going on. Did they upgrade the P3 board at some point in time?

Thanks!

Picked up Harmon XXV (Older model with Cheaper Control Board, Non TC) for $3300 last May. Floor Model. They have deals in April.

He verified he is getting an E3 Error Code when he runs in 1 & 2nd speeds. Runs about 30-45 min and goes out with unburned fuel in the firepot.