Enviro Pellet Stove Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even some of the parts that are dealer only I found cheaper locally. I priced a spare control board for my Omega at $261.90 and local dealer only wanted $236.00 I opted for rush shipping, Had the part in 2 days and still paid less. Same goes for the spare igniter I want to order. But I am cheap and always shop around some!

But this is a site sponsor SO??

Granted they are a sponsor...maybe I shouldn't beat em up. But 500% mark up? Perhaps even they do not know what the real price of this switch is. My dealer cost for it through the distributer is $31.16. Of coarse I refuse to pay that too.

What are you going to do? I love Grainger. Their catalog is like the Sears catalog to me when I was a teen. First I went to the go-kart section, then the electric guitars and drums, then to womens undergarments...in that order. Now, nothing gets me more excited than a 300w High-Watt-Density Cartridge Heater %-P

In these tough times we all need to save a buck or two! So I appreciate you sharing with the others. Now that sears catalog brings back a few memories! But I don't remember seeing the ladies under garment section. Bet my older brother got them before me! Hmmm. :roll:

Those are google delivered banners, BTW.

Meaning they don't sponsor directly - not that it matters.

But, heck, I would do the same as many....shop around. The reason is simple - many people purchase a Pellet Stove to save money! If you pay more than needed for the parts, that eats into the savings.

As with everything, there is an ass for every seat. The Pellet stove makers, on one hand, are very glad that a subset of users are very handy...that is, they fix their own stoves! Those people, often mechanics and engineer types, are smart enough to know many parts are generic.

Hey, it's like those hotel rooms. You might pay $129 a night, but the folks in the next room paid $79

Wood Heat Stoves said:
must be nice to have the time to find aftermarket stuff,
that is retail pricing as set by enviro, not the parts dealer. you can be sure the dont get them from enviro for 11$

Most of the time there is no searching(except for plugging part numbers in to google) The part numbers are right on the parts themselfs. I can get the igniter for my Omega for about $135. Probably about the cost you would pay wholesale from Enviro. Nothing against the dealers and aftermarket sellers. But Like web said. I bought my stove to save money. With a little bit of digging I have found most of the spares. Some parts are tougher to find. Like the blowers and control board. Don't have much choice besides a Enviro parts retailer.

Lets face it we all have to eat! You need to make money to do so. Why be in business if you can't make money?

I work in an Industrial environment. I deal with wholesalers every day. So I see the world in a different shade. Then you have the retail environment. Where the same part has a higher value. In knowing the wholesale market is out there. It make's it harder for me to pay retail. Just because I know I can find it cheaper.

Well, to throw it out there, if you bring the serial of any Fasco motor to Grainger, they can cross reference it and find the Dayton replacement. Often which is of better quality. Gleason Avery makes he Dayton auger motor. Name is changed but the part is identical.

When replacing a convection motor I will bring in the motor to have it matched or rely on past swaps. 90% of the time I can find a Dayton replacement. Note that all of the motor I get are motors only. You still need to remove the old motor from the assembly, drill for a new ground wire and reuse the motor to assembly gasket. 15 minutes worth of work.

For Auger motors, they usually come CW and if I need a CCW I'll flip the coil.

Vacuum switches are easy.

Combustion motors are difficult. The impeller usually will not free up. PB Blaster help sometimes. If I can get the impeller off, then I can source out the motor 90% of the time and reuse the impeller. If I have to grind off the impeller and source out a new one of those...well, it's a lot harder.

IF anyone knows of after market impellers I'm all ears.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
must be nice to have the time to find aftermarket stuff,
that is retail pricing as set by enviro, not the parts dealer. you can be sure the dont get them from enviro for 11$

I'm not sure if this a dig or not?

I had an epiphany moment a coupe of years ago when I was looking for a combustion motor for a St. Croix York insert. Every dealer was out of stock, BAC Sales (eastern Distributer) was being difficult as usual in getting the part for me so I did a search using the serial number...it came up on Amazon.com of all places. Johnstone supply had it listed for $81.00. Hugh??? So I drove to Woburn and bought it over the counter. Since that time I have sourced parts for just about everything through HVAC supply, industrial supply, electrical supply.

FYI Dave, I called you today but you were out. Talked w/ your boss or partner...Jim I think it was. I'm going to hook you guys up with some after-market lists in exchange for some Tech Manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.