Enviro Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malayna93

Oct 7, 2013
My boyfriend has an enviro pellet stove and tried hooking up a thermostat but tehre is no power where the wires hookup to the pellet stove, so the thermostat does not work. Any advice?

Check your manual. The stove may operate on a millivolt system for external stat. Common on pellet stoves. Not like the 24 volt stats furnaces use.

Read what they call a Manual, no mention of what type of stat. But makes mention of stat opening and closing contacts which leads me anyway, to believe it requires a millivolt stat.

More important than the thermostat is the stove.

Does the stove even have a thermostat operational mode?

What Enviro model is it?

If it does allow thermostat operation what are the stove settings?
And how are you trying to hook it up?

The thermostat is just a switch that opens or closes depending on its settings vs. room temperature.
The stove has to be set to use a thermostat. I.E. what mode is it in?

Need more info.

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.