Enviro Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imacheezhead

Feb 27, 2010
Southern Wisconsin
I've had this Enviro Windsor pellet stove for a number of years now and now I want to connect it to the outside to take in combustion air. My problem is that the tube that comes out of the back of the stove seems to go nowhere! It's just a metal tube that goes into the back of the stove and doesn't make any connection to anything. It just terminates into a vented heat shield. I looked through the book and I can't find an answer.

Any ideas? Jim

CH,

On my EF-2 the Outside Air intake is a 1-1/2" or so black steel tube that runs from the center bottom of the combustion chamber
straight rearward to the back panel of the stove.
It is sandwiched between the exhaust plenum/blower housing on the left side of the stove and the convection blower on the right.
This passes just to the left of the auger motor at the rear. All of this is under the hopper.
I have the OAK hooked up to it at the rear panel to pass out the side wall of my house to the outside.
I used flexible steel exhaust piping from an auto parts store sealed onto the tube with aluminum tape.
It ain't pretty but it works well for 2 years now.

---Nailer---

Thanks for the replies. This answers my question that there isn't anything missing and it's just a dumb design :exclaim: My house is pretty tight and it still gets enough air for combustion. If I were to connect this thing to the outside it would just create a place for cold air to come in even when the stove isn't running. If I was all that concerned about getting enough air for combustion I could just crack a window near the stove.

Jim

I'm not familiar with that stove.

But, it almost looks like there is a "kit" that could be supplied from Enviro to use with an OAK. Or you could fabricate one.

What does the air intake into the burn pot look like? Could a "tube" be fabricated and installed?
From the pictures of your rear panel it almost looks like the pass through hole is more of a support housing for a delivery pipe.

Don't have it here in front of me so It's hard saying.

I know there is some discussion about how much OAK effects the stove.
I lkie mine. In my situation, it stopped the cold drafts I used to feel on the floor and being pulled through the windows heading for the stove.

No regrets installing my OAK.

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.