enviro stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slainthe52

Oct 22, 2009
midcoast maine
Three or four years ago,I bought an Enviro pellet stove & paid a lot of money for it. It has a nice black enamel finish,screen,etc. I had it installed 1 yr.later,which cost over $600.
I thought I was good to go.Wellllll- my stove hasn't been able to go a single season yet, without breaking down at least 3-4 times a year. I've had to pay the guy from the store
to come out most of these times.(He did a free-bee once because he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.)
When I finally had enough, I tried to reach the company. What a surprise,- there was no way to reach them. There was no number online. The store where I had gotten it no longer even carried
it. They didn't have a number for the company either, only the company rep.
At about that same time,I looked for blogs online,& there were a bunch of complaints about the Enviro stoves. The store stopped carrying it about a year after I bought mine.
The fact that the Company was totally unreachable speaks loudly about the type of company it is & the quality of its products.

Unless you want constant problems,don"t buy one! I dread having to turn it on soon.

What exactly is breaking on your stove? I've had an Enviro Meridian for 5 years now and the only thing I've had to replace is a faulty high temp sensor.
Is it possible that your dealer has no clue how to fix your stove? Seriously, my dealer was horrible, I found another Enviro dealer and have had no issues at all with Enviro.

Like most stove companies, Enviro wants the dealers to handle warranty issues. I'd suggest trying a different dealer to see if your issue can be resolved.
Unfortunatly, there have been some dealers( not all, just a small percentage) that jumped into the pellet stove biz to make a quick buck and provide poor service. I was the victim of one such dealer.

I absolutely love my Enviro Empress and my stove ran flawlessly last year and is burning great so far this season. My dealer and his partner both own ones and I feel very confident that he will support me when I need him.

When I first had it installed last year, a week later it wouldn't start and I called my dealer and he was over within an hour. Turned out I didn't put the burn pot in correctly after cleaning it. Then they had a door recall and I called Enviro to get the details and they were very helpful. My dealer received the door 3 weeks later and installed it free of charge.

Bottom line as is often stated on this site, it's VERY IMPORTANT to get a dealer you can trust. I leaned heavily at getting a Harman XXV which I know is a very good stove, but I didn't trust the dealer. I'm very happy with my Enviro.

I also have an Enviro Meridian (a.k.a. VF-100). I love it. I had a bad dealer and a bad install but got beyond that and now prefer it over a Quad and a St. Croix that I own as well.
Slainthe52,if you are tired of your Enviro, I will drive over and take it off your hands! :)

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with your Enviro stove.

Most of what you describe (which isn't much) sounds like bad service from your dealer, unrealistic expectations of your stove, or stove use inexperience.

I have a Enviro EF-2 Freestanding that has been great.

I bought it used from a guy that had a for sale sign on it at the end of his driveway for $100.

My manufacture date is October 2000.

I installed it in October 2007 and have loved it ever since. I use it as the primary heat for a 1000 sq foot cottage. It runs 24/7 Nov-Mar.

In that time all I have had to replace was the burn pot liner and the combustion blower.

I find most problems can be corrected by proper deep cleaning. These stoves are not complicated to fix. There ain't much that can go wrong with them.

If you post your problems here we can probably solve your issues and get you heating and happy with your stove.

The pellet junkies here like to tweak their stoves and if we can't tweak our own we love to help others.

---Nailer---

Well, like they say no matter how good your product is there is always someone that will not like it or be happy with it.

Could be several issues that are causing you problems and most have nothing to do with the stove or Enviro. Improper use and maybe a bad install come to mind.

If you really want to contact enviro, I have a number you could use. Send me a request by PM. I'll send it to you. But don't abuse it!

jay

slainthe52 said:
Three or four years ago,I bought an Enviro pellet stove & paid a lot of money for it. It has a nice black enamel finish,screen,etc. I had it installed 1 yr.later,which cost over $600.
I thought I was good to go.Wellllll- my stove hasn't been able to go a single season yet, without breaking down at least 3-4 times a year. I've had to pay the guy from the store
to come out most of these times.(He did a free-bee once because he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.)
When I finally had enough, I tried to reach the company. What a surprise,- there was no way to reach them. There was no number online. The store where I had gotten it no longer even carried
it. They didn't have a number for the company either, only the company rep.
At about that same time,I looked for blogs online,& there were a bunch of complaints about the Enviro stoves. The store stopped carrying it about a year after I bought mine.
The fact that the Company was totally unreachable speaks loudly about the type of company it is & the quality of its products.

Unless you want constant problems,don"t buy one! I dread having to turn it on soon.

A couple of things that need further clarification:
1.....Few people (if any) would purchase an expensive item such as that stove a year ahead of time .Why a year before the install? The warranty might have run out before you got to use it.
2.....It`s been breaking down 3-4 times a year for the past few years? That`s an unusual amount of trouble for any stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.