Enviro windsor convection and exhaust blowers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pnr001

Oct 24, 2009
ny
I have an Enviro windsor and when the unit is not on the conve convection blower and exhaust blower turn very slow, There is a small amount of voltage going thru both of them. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. I think it is the control board but I do not want to spend up to 250 to have it replaced. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank You

after the first time the stove is turned on and as long as the stove is plugged in both blowers will have power going to the blower POWER SYSTEM
it might be that the 120 exhaust temp Low limit switch is not OPENING all the way and letting some power pass through it.

this switch has brown wires.

the only way to check is with a volt meter and see what the voltage is going in and out of the limit switch. if the voltage is normal going into the switch and low going out of the switch then the switch is bad

if the voltage is low coming from the board then it is the board

This switch is what tells the stove to keep running after the 15 minute start up cycle and tells the blowers to shut off after the stove cools down when you turn it off or you run out of pellets.

Small explanation

with the enviro power system the Blower power all comes from the board
the low limit switch controls the blowers but is not directly connected to the blowers.
you can see this in the wire diagram at the end of your owners manual

but as long as that 120 limit switch has a closed circuit it will give power to the blowers.

I was checking the switches by disconecting them when the blower and exhaust fan were turning. and they would stiil run. I will try the volt meter test to see what the readings are. Thanks for the post. I looked at the diagram already and know that the black runs almost direclty to the blower thru the switch. That is what was throwing me off. I would disconnect the board and the blowers would stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.