Enviro Windsor FS Control board problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrw8n2c

Oct 1, 2014
NH
Looking for some direction. I have an Enviro Windsor FS pellet stove. After the fifteen minute startup, the combustion fan looses power. The voltage reading to the motor are line(120 volts at startup) and when the startup cycle ends the voltage drops to 22 to 24 volts and stays there no matter what the heat setting is. According to specifications the voltage should drop back to around 76 volts for a heat setting of 1 and increase from there to 120 volts for setting 5 If I cycle the power so the startup cycle starts again the voltage go right back to 120 volts. I tried bypassing all of the sensors one at a time and then all of them together and no change in the symptoms. I even bypassed the motor itself and it runs fine plugged into 120 volts. Everything seem to point to the control board being bad. So I ordered a new one. It arrived and I installed it. All the same problem is still there with slight changes in voltage (18- 21 volts) With every sensor by passed and the motor by passed and plugged into 120 volts so the stove will fire up the voltage from the control board still drops after the startup cycle. What am I missing???
Is it possible the new control board is bad and has the same symptoms??

Help Please....

Status
Not open for further replies.