Envirofire EF2 does not seem to be efficient.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what else could i clean i tore this thing down to screw and bolt. I'm a newbie at the pellet stove world but i understand and know how to clean something to standard. I've looked up daily maintenance and that even says 2-3 days or biweekly check the burn pot and liner. where can i buy a Magnahelic Gauge.to test the air quality. also could my exhaust motor be weak?

Yes, a weak exhuast blower can do that. I had to replace mine after 3 years because I was getting incompletly burned pellets and caked ash in the burn pot. Also do you have an Outside Air Kit? If so and it brings damp air into the stove, that will also contribute to the caked ash and unburned pellets when there is some early morning dew outside. Where are you located? If you put your location in your Avatar and pellet stove make and model in your signature, that will help us alot.

you are going to want to check the ash pan gasket too. enviro has a flaw in that the ash pan area is "OPEN" to the combustion area. Air that leaks in around the bottom by-passes the combustion zone and skews out your 35/1 air to fuel ratio. Very common problem with any EF series stove

I would not say that is an Enviro "flaw", that is so the ash will drop directly into the ash pan so you do not have to open ash dumps and sweep the ash into the ash pan every day like the Whitfield stoves.

The US Stove 5660 and Hudson River Saranac stoves also have that ash pan feature but, they have a much more secure ash pan strap type latch on both sides to help lock out the room air. The Enviro's only have one knob in the middle of the front of the ash pan to hold the ash pan closed. You can add an O ring type washer from a sink faucet to make that knob hold tighter. I have done that successfully! Good luck.

One problem I had with my EF-2 was a warped Burn pot liner.

If the burn pot liner is not seated squarely to the burn pot front and back, the combustion air will bypass the fuel.
I bought a new one but in hind site....careful use of a BFH would have solved the warped pot liner issue.

---Nailer----

Nailer I had the same issue with mine,so I just got another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.