Envirofire EF2 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedfire

Nov 10, 2014
seattle wa
I am hoping someone out there in hearthland can help me out. I am new to pellet stoves and started out by buying an older Envirofire EF2. The first week of operation after installing it and the unit just shut down. I downloaded a manual for it, pulled the side doors and figured out that the exhaust blower was weak and had more or less given up the ghost. I have searched high and low on the net and am having trouble finding a reasonably priced exhaust fan that I am certain will fit the stove. It looks like the one in it is an original. Unfortunately it does not have a model number on it. Label reads Durham Products Div of Jakel Inc.115 volts 60hz 25MPH Cont. duty. 2800 RPM .9 amp 12/93. I thought I had found a Fasco replacement but the company I was looking at couldn't tell me for sure if it would work or not. Also Sherwood industries just gave me voicemail and haven't heard anything from them. Can somebody throw me a bone???Thanks!!

Yeah quit bitchin an man up an purchachs a new one from wherever you can get it.it is cold out.But I do not think your combustion motor is weak(dirty maybe) and enviro parts are readily availible,mountainview hearth.

Well after a lot of searching I saw 1 post that said they were pretty sure the Fasco AO82 was the replacement for my exhaust vent on the envirofire EF-2. I decided since the price was so good compared to the **** I noticed on so many stove repair sites I was going with it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the entire housing,motor, whole shabang matched mounting holes exactly and bolted right it and the thing is damn quiet. So if anybody out there has the EF-2 the FASCO AO82 replacement is your exhaust fan answer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.