Envirofire MINI troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aweiman

Mar 28, 2009
Central NJ
Hello all,

General info:
I've read a lot of posts here and have hesitated posting my new problem with my Envirofire Mini as most problems seem to be about cleaning. This is the first season of using the Mini, purchased in early 08 and NOT the Mini-A. I have burned 2-3 tonnes here in central NJ this season. The installation of the Mini is using a the exterior fan unit so the pipe has a straight run outside then into the exterior fan and up 3 ft to termination. The unit has worked pretty well this season, however quite temperamental with its cleaning. We use pelletsales.com Cleanfire pellets.

My problem is thus:

Recently I was getting very poor burning with lots of black creosote buildup on the window very low draft. After a cleaning of the inside vacuum chamber and having the side panel off, I noticed the convection blower was not turning on. Pressed the fan switch and it immediately went to full blast even though the auger was set at lo. I have turned it on and off (the unit and the switch.) It seems the fan switch is decoupled from the auger setting now. The manual just says call a technician however there are none in my area. I bought the unit online. Probably totally unrelated, but the poor burning was replaced by super good burning after the vacuum chamber cleaning which was strange, because the 'deep' clean was done a week before with no positive results.

The fan not functioning impairs circulation and efficiency of the unit.

Anyone have any ideas? Or should I try and beg two dealers that are some 60+ miles away?

Status
Not open for further replies.