ENVIROFIRE pellet stove - mod. EF3B1 "brickette"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Green

Mar 21, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hello out there.I have had this stove since 2001, and notice that the further into the season that I burn the stove, it seems to "build-up" a "brick" in the fire pot.
I keep the stove clean (about every 3rd day) and have tried the damper at all settings. I simply remove the "brick" and seems to work OK, but will build the brick again. I have cleaned my chimney, on occasion, but doesn't seem to make a difference.(don't seem to get an excessive lot of ash from the chimney)
Is this normal?? or am I doing something wrong?

Do you run the stove on a thermostat? I notice on my stove that when the stove goes into the "low" state I get more of a build up. This occurs more later in the season because the warmer weather causes the stove to run "low" more often.

Do you run the stove on a thermostat? I notice on my stove that when the stove goes into the "low" state I get more of a build up. This occurs more later in the season because the warmer weather causes the stove to run "low" more often.
I use the adjustable thermostat in the control panel, but the brick develops anyway. It's been very cold here and I have the control at
"7-0'clock" most of the time (1200sq. ft. home)....the stove works flawlessly other than brick build-up. (since 2001, I have only replaced the combustion fan motor.....(cleaned the old one, now have a spare!)

I use the adjustable thermostat in the control panel, but the brick develops anyway. It's been very cold here and I have the control at
"7-0'clock" most of the time (1200sq. ft. home)....the stove works flawlessly other than brick build-up. (since 2001, I have only replaced the combustion fan motor.....(cleaned the old one, now have a spare!)

Status
Not open for further replies.