EnviroFire VistFlame - VF55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curve

Oct 13, 2012
Central, MA
I am replacing my old Vermont Casting Wood Stove with a new pellet stove this winter. I do not know too much about pellet stoves, and have just been searching this site and online for information on what to look for. I found a stove that seems to have all of the features I am looking for to heat about 2000 sq ft. What are your thoughts about the EnviroFire VistaFlame - VF55? A local store has them on sale for $2,562.

Remember, unless you buy a pellet furnace or boiler, you probably won't heat the whole 2000 sq ft.....

I have the enviro m55 cast free standing and it does a good job heating 2300 square ft. Some spots are cooler than others but I knew that going in. It saves me on oil.I never use the heat on the first floor. The vista flame is the cousin to Enviro and there are a few here that have those stoves. Hopefully they will chime in.

hi curve are you located in mass

if you are talking about franklin fireplace ash him for a cash price.i did,and he gave me one for $2000 cash.does no harm to ask.Peace

if you are talking about franklin fireplace ash him for a cash price.i did,and he gave me one for $2000 cash.does no harm to ask.Peace
yes, it is Franklin Fireplace. He wouldnt't budge on the price. It was brand new in the crate, and he already had it marked down to $2,562 from $3,362. I think I got a great stove, at a great price. I'm happy as can be.
The only thing I need to do is figure out how to get a Fresh air intake connected. I really do not want to put another hole in the wall. I am checking to see if I can get this intake put through a window next to the stove. Kind of like how some people vent their clothes dryers. Do you know if this would work? There are no indications of what clearances or codes are in the manual.
bsmt19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.