Enviro's Empress/Milan pellet use???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Mow many pounds of pellets do the enviro empress /milan use on #2 & #3 an hour. i cannot find it anywhere.

davevassar said:
I can run my Empress insert on #3 for about 15-17 hours on a full bag.

so are we looking at 2.6 to 3.o

I have 2 Empress stoves, one up and one down. The one up only runs when it's real cold, and usually in the morning for an hour or two, and in the evening for a couple hours. I live in a raised ranch with an open stairwell and finished basement.
Either stove will run 24 hours on one bag unless it's below zero and/or real windy. On warmer days they consume less. I clean them every 2 days of burning, and do a major cleaning about every ton. Last year I used 5 tons, and looks like that's what this year will be too. This is the second full season for the one up, and the third full season for the one down. With just the downstairs stove running, the upper floor is about 6 degrees cooler than down. I have them both set for continuous burn, controlled by a thermostat. The one down is set on 3, and the one up is set on 4 so it heats up a little quicker when we turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.