Enviro's Milan insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Did anyone buy this Pellet Insert this past season?? We are looking hard at this one. How did it do? was it real Quiet?

Thanks John

johnnywarm said:
Did anyone buy this Pellet Insert this past season?? We are looking hard at this one. How did it do? was it real Quiet?

Thanks John

Anybody??

If quiet is a major concern you should really hear one running for yourself before purchasing. I haven't heard one yet I'd personally call real quiet. You do get used to it though.
Mike -

Dr_Drum said:
If quiet is a major concern you should really hear one running for yourself before purchasing. I haven't heard one yet I'd personally call real quiet. You do get used to it though.
Mike -

I have a big e pellet stove and would never put it in a tv room.i would think for the money the milan would be allot quieter? there hard to find running in a showroom.

Ya, I understand. Just tell him if he wants to make a sale, you need to see it and hear it running. If he won't do that he's not a serious dealer and you don't want to buy from him anyway, because he probably wont support the product after the sale. I just had to ask the local dealer how loud it was and he said, let's turn it on and find out.
Mike -

Dr_Drum said:
Ya, I understand. Just tell him if he wants to make a sale, you need to see it and hear it running. If he won't do that he's not a serious dealer and you don't want to buy from him anyway, because he probably wont support the product after the sale. I just had to ask the local dealer how loud it was and he said, let's turn it on and find out.
Mike -

I have an Enviro Meridian insert that's very quiet.

CygnusX1 said:
Dr_Drum said:
Mike -

I have an Enviro Meridian insert that's very quiet.

This is what i'm hearing :coolsmile: Thanks Cy

I bought the Enviro Milan insert this past summer, and had it installed this Fall. I am brand new to owning a pellet stove.
I own a colonial, w/ approximately 2100 sq. feet. Downstairs is no problem, even in the coldest days at 70-71 degrees.
Upstairs is about 65 degrees, as long as I close off one bedroom, which is over the garage.
It is quiet on settings 1-4, but....setting #5 is loud because of vibrating and rattling. It seems to be the hopper making the noise. It is so loud on #5 that we really can't watch TV in the same room with it.
But, setting it on #5 is rare, and it is well worth the extra heat, that we put up with the noise.

It is quiet on settings 1-4, but....setting #5 is loud because of vibrating and rattling. It seems to be the hopper making the noise. It is so loud on #5 that we really can't watch TV in the same room with it.
But, setting it on #5 is rare, and it is well worth the extra heat, that we put up with the noise.[/quote]

Is it the cover on the hopper rattling??

The whole hopper itself on the inside seems to vibrate and rattle. It is a little better with a full hopper. The lid doesn't rattle, although sometimes I leave the lid open, and it won't rattle.
It just seems that when it is really cranking on setting #5, something on the inside just rattles and vibrates.
My neighbor and I bought them together from the same place, and had them installed by the same guy, and both of ours rattles on #5.

BARTSFAM said:
The whole hopper itself on the inside seems to vibrate and rattle. It is a little better with a full hopper. The lid doesn't rattle, although sometimes I leave the lid open, and it won't rattle.
It just seems that when it is really cranking on setting #5, something on the inside just rattles and vibrates.
My neighbor and I bought them together from the same place, and had them installed by the same guy, and both of ours rattles on #5.

Did you tell the dealer??

Yes. The dealer heard the noises and said that was the normal noise level for this pellet stove.

Which reminds me, the customer service at "Enviro" itself was excellent!! One day the power went out, and then came back on. This caused an error message on the control panel, a red blinking #3 light. The stove would not turn back on. Unplugging and plugging the stove back in did no good. I called my dealer and got an answering machine, and how to fix this error was not answered in the instruction manual.
It was a freezing cold Friday, and I finally went on the "Enviro" website, and then fired off an email to Tech Support. I thought I was out for the weekend, and would never hear from tech support for weeks. Approximately 1 hour after my e-mail, someone from Enviro, in British Columbia, called my house in Central Massachusetts!!! I was amazed! The man stepped me through the "RESET" process, and also recommended that I raise my hopper so that I could fit more pellets in the stove. These were two things that my dealer and installer never pointed out to me. The technician even gave me his direct number to call back if I ever had problems again that my dealer could not handle.
Maybe I should call him about the rattling!

BARTSFAM said:
Yes. The dealer heard the noises and said that was the normal noise level for this pellet stove.

Which reminds me, the customer service at "Enviro" itself was excellent!! One day the power went out, and then came back on. This caused an error message on the control panel, a red blinking #3 light. The stove would not turn back on. Unplugging and plugging the stove back in did no good. I called my dealer and got an answering machine, and how to fix this error was not answered in the instruction manual.
It was a freezing cold Friday, and I finally went on the "Enviro" website, and then fired off an email to Tech Support. I thought I was out for the weekend, and would never hear from tech support for weeks. Approximately 1 hour after my e-mail, someone from Enviro, in British Columbia, called my house in Central Massachusetts!!! I was amazed! The man stepped me through the "RESET" process, and also recommended that I raise my hopper so that I could fit more pellets in the stove. These were two things that my dealer and installer never pointed out to me. The technician even gave me his direct number to call back if I ever had problems again that my dealer could not handle.

This is what i hear about enviro. I would call them back on the rattling also. Good luck.

bartsfan did you ever call them??

BARTSFAM said:

That's the kind of Tech support I like to hear about. I wish Harman would learn from this. It would make me feel a lot better about my purchase if I knew I had backup if I ran out of ideas. BTW, our Enviro FS direct vent stove was our only heat until we bought the Accentra. It has ran without any problems for over 4 years. The convection fan is a little noisy when all the way up. Turn it down, just a bit, and it is pretty quiet. With our experience with the Enviro gas stove, I would not hesitate to go with an Enviro pellet stove, but I was, and am, sold on the Harman bottom feed design. One other thing. Neither the Accentra or Enviro we have rattle With the convection fan on high. I would say the Accentra is the louder of the two. I still am awed by the Accentra's capabilities, and a little noise on high, I think, is to be expected.

That's the kind of Tech support I like to hear about. I wish Harman would learn from this. It would make me feel a lot better about my purchase if I knew I had backup if I ran out of ideas. BTW, our Enviro FS direct vent stove was our only heat until we bought the Accentra. It has ran without any problems for over 4 years. The convection fan is a little noisy when all the way up. Turn it down, just a bit, and it is pretty quiet. With our experience with the Enviro gas stove, I would not hesitate to go with an Enviro pellet stove, but I was, and am, sold on the Harman bottom feed design. One other thing. Neither the Accentra or Enviro we have rattle With the convection fan on high. I would say the Accentra is the louder of the two. I still am awed by the Accentra's capabilities, and a little noise on high, I think, is to be expected.[/quote]

Why do you like the bottom feeder on the harmon??

Status
Not open for further replies.