Envro Empress and thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bclmread

Jan 11, 2008
NH
I have a Empress FS stove that I have been using for 2 years. I was looking for a way to have it come on at a certain time to start warming the room/house. Enviro support directed me to the on/off and hi/low thermostat functions of the stove.

- Has anyone used these functions? Hooked up a thermostat to their Empress?

From what I read, everyone recommends the Hi/Low function instead of the on/off function for a number of reasons I won't get into here, but I agree with them.

Does anyone know if you can still use the stove in a manual mode, that is, use the control panel for selecting pellet speed?

Thanks!

I have an Empress and did set up the high/low thermostat.
As this is my first heating season with it I can not answer
your question YET, but I am looking forward to experimenting
with all the controls as well as differant brands of pellets

Jay

Thanks for the reply , Jay.

Overall, I am happy with my stove, but have experienced some frustration at times (exhaust fan problem/was replaced after first month, auger motor replaced after 3 tons burned.

Did you install the thermostat yourself?

If so, what kind did you go with and was it a pleasant install experience?

I had to replace the auger motor upon delivery as it was
DOA but now seems to be fine(very few FINES I hope)
I wired the thermostat myself and placed it in the same location as
my oil burner(ugh) thermostat hoping that it will keep the same
levels as we had before. I guess that whatever stuff goes in
the first series of 24/7 burns will just have to replaced and hopefully
they will be few and far between. My installer is very reputable and
responsive.
I ran the wire from the thermostat from the thermostat to the stove up
the wall and down the wall behind the stove location and then wired it into the stove.
You can see my set up in another post if you wish. I used a very simple (cheap) thermostat from Home Depot.
They had the thermostat wire there too.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.