EPA Phase III?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
The next thing will be a crack down on existing non-EPA stoves before they tighten the screws on the Phase II requirements.

I work on some pretty old electronic stuff. The kind of stuff that was so bullet-proof no one can find it. I mean, really, no one who works in the building can find it because 10 years ago someone drywalled over the panels and they've been humming along till someone tried to drill for a new pipe.

There was a company that was called Westinghouse, they had a product called the 818 that 40 years later is still working flawlessly. That's the problem: It never broke! How the hell am I going to make a living installing something that doesn't go bad? First they stopped making the equipment, then they stopped supporting the "software", then they stopped fixing the old equipment that might have gone bad, untill finally they stopped making the keycards so you couldn't replace a lost/broken card. The entire tech industry works like this. I'm convinced of it.

I'm sure I could still smoke up a neighborhood with a Phase III stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.