EPA woodstove changeout rebates.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmoleaf

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2007
Southeastern Massachusetts
Thought this link might interest some. http://www.epa.gov/woodstoves/changeout.html
There's also links to lots of good wood burning info and technical information.

"During a wood stove changeout campaign, consumers receive financial incentives (rebates) to replace older stoves with either non-wood burning equipment (for example, vented gas stoves), pellet stoves, or EPA certified wood stoves. Approximately 10 million wood stoves are currently in use in the United States, and 70 to 80% of them are older, inefficient, conventional stoves that pollute. Because EPA certified wood stoves emit approximately 70% less pollution than older, conventional wood stoves, a successful changeout campaign will reduce local particulate emissions."

there have been some communities which have supported this and pulled it off that i have read of. i think its a great program, but one that requires tax incentives that a lot of localities governments dont seem all that willing to part with. this is a definate "write your congresscritter" subject. i personally have not done so, but have encouraged it. see i work in the industry on the manufacturing side and fear that that would appear as "conflict of interest" but "john Q public " is not fettered with such limitations and should bring this up with his/her local legislature if they should be in support of such programs.

Thanks for bringing it up, its a great topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.