equine pellet bedding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could easily pull the Somerset bags open without using the scisors I leave close to the stove, but I never had any problem with a bag ripping open. Being my first year with Sets I have no comparison, except that these TSC Equine Bedding Pellets seem to be much more ashy for me. The Equine pellets also have no recycling symbol on them that I can find (and are of a different and heavier type of plastic for sure). If you can catch them on sale its a good deal. Regular price isnt any cheaper than other pellets and actually a bit more (around here, of course prices are regional).

Once bitten twice shy. I'm going to wood for primary heat next year.
I'm with you. No offence to any of the pellet pigs but the prices are getting a bit out of hand (and around here isnt nearly as much as I hear people paying for up in New England). I've got a few cord split and stacked, and can get the compressed logs for about $210/ton (cheaper than most pellets) so I plan on the wood stove being primary and the pellet being supplemental. Not sure if I'll mess with propane unless the price is really good. I still think I at least broke even since the stove was inexpensive, but then again since it was inexpensive its also given me fits and performed poorly I'm sure compared to the +4k burners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.