Equine Pelletized Bedding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not say that you can not but I Tried a bag a of bedding and found they burnt faster and had more fly ash

Does it say that the horse bedding can be burned in a stove? Just a thought maybe they have something in them that is bad for the stove. not sure just asking.
just did a little research and horse pellets are actually better screened

Horse Stall Pellets

• As more and more horse owners are turning to wood pellets, many manufacturers have begun producing specially designed horse stall pellets. These pellets are very similar to home heating pellets, but have a number of advantages. Horse stall pellets are made from only pine wood. Pine wood is a soft wood and is even more absorbent than other harder woods that may be in the heating pellets. Horse stall pellets are more carefully screened for contaminants and dust than ordinary pellets because they are used for horses. During the pelletizing stage, the wood in horse stall pellets is treated with high heat, which removes tars, oils, hydrocarbons and other potential allergens.
Cost

• The only disadvantage of horse stall pellets in comparison with home heating pellets is the cost. As of 2010, home heating wood pellets cost $2 to $4 per 40-lb. bag. Horse stall pellets cost $5 to $10 per 40-lb. bag. Many horse owners will tell you that it is worth the cost because it ensures a healthyhorse. Either type of wood pellet that you choose will provide significant advantages over wood shavings and straw.

Read more: Wood Burning Pellets vs. Horse Stall Pellets | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6301204_wood-vs_-horse-stall-pellets.html#ixzz2IHd6M8Mv

The TSC brand I burned, were.some of the hottest pellets I burned.

But, they.cost just over $250 a ton... :(

I try to stay under $200 a ton (haven't bought pellets in 2 years) When I find a deal, I pounce :cool:

They may be...?

I know the TSC brand Equine bedding pellets were hotter than ANYTHING I burned!

But again, they were $250 a ton. The extra $75 isn't worth it. IMHO. (That's a half ton!!)

Somersets are $175 often at Menards. So the Equine pellets would have to hit $200 (or a outs) to make them worth while!!
they show up "on sale" this month at 5$ a bag... their "normal" hardwood runs 4.38-4.50

The horse bedding pellets sold at the local Fleet Farm are made from Aspen. About 4.15 a bag

I've been looking for a good reason for a first post. I bought ten bags today from TSC, just as hot as the AWF softies I was using over the weekend and over a dollar a bag cheaper.

Reactions: DexterDay
Usually more expensive for horse-hobby related in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.