Equinox question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wellbuilt home

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2008
NY
Equinox question, Ive burned my new stove for 3 nights but i have a burnt wood smell in the house that i never had with my old DW .All the pipes are the same and the stack is 30, long and draws real good .

Could be a fall related problem with development of a reverse draft (house cooler than outside during hottest part of the day, or wind pressure effects). If the stove is not in use, shut down the air controls tight. In some cases, one has to plug the flue until you revert back to 24/7 burning.

yea, i was thinking the same thing but my VCDW never had any wood smell . Ive been burning some pine for the first time, could the pine smoke smell more.The air cant be turned off on the Eq its allways open a bit

I had a hell of a time yesterday, the reverse draft was very strong.
I doubt it will be that bad when it gets colder.
I closed the door and hoped for the best/ not.
It pushed the smoke out the outside air kit.
Probably the same reason you smell smoke today.

Im not really getting any smoke its just smells like a open fire place . I have a 32'+ ch and it really sucks i have great draft . im thinking i mite need a damper in the steel pipe.

Your air intake is directly vented to the outdoors right?

Status
Not open for further replies.