Errant tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madrone

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2008
Just South of Portland, OR
I thought my stove was acting funny, but that it might be the punk on the oak, until I peeked inside this morning. No holes in the tubes. Wha? Where'd they go? Did I burn them away?
Lost cotter pins. I was spinning the tubes by hitting them while loading. I haven't made it to the hardware store for new pins yet, but the stove's back to normal with the holes facing the right way.
Another thing to keep an eye on.

I have a Hearthstone that did the same thing. The heavy rivet that held the tube in place at the loading door end was loose, so I tapped the tube for 1/4 coarse threads and secured it with a stainless bolt.

madrone said:
I thought my stove was acting funny, but that it might be the punk on the oak, until I peeked inside this morning. No holes in the tubes. Wha? Where'd they go? Did I burn them away?
Lost cotter pins. I was spinning the tubes by hitting them while loading. I haven't made it to the hardware store for new pins yet, but the stove's back to normal with the holes facing the right way.
Another thing to keep an eye on.

Your sig tells us what you burn. How about you add to it what you are burning that stuff in?

Sure thing.

Thanks Beansy, that's a great idea. I have a bunch of ss bolts.

Stinking tubes, should save them for windchimes :coolsmirk:

BJ64 said:
Hmmmmm... I'm feeling good about my TUBELESS downdraft Lopi Leyden. :)

Aw, c'mon y'all, this is the first issue the stove's had in 9 years. Give it a break.

(Don't tell it, but I'm dreaming about the Leyden...)

Status
Not open for further replies.