Erratic Circulator Operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
Help!
We're coming into a MAJOR cold snap & the circulator on my oil boiler isn't coming on when the T-stat calls for heat...
I am by no means a central heating expert, & forgive me if I don't know the correct terminology,
but there is a Honeywell control - a white plastic box maybe 2x2x3 - mounted in a gray housing - which seems to be actuated by the t-stat.
I believe it to be an operating control. It has the hi-lo settings on it...
If I give the housing a slight tap, the circulator will start running...
The Honeywell item has some numbers on it, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at..
Any ideas on what I'm dealing with, or am I being too vague in my descriptions?
TIA...

I am also no heating expert but you should check the wires by USING CAUTION and wiggling them with the power on and see if one makes the circ flutter, start there it sounds like a loose connection ..Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.