1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeGr

JakeGr New Member

Loc:
    NH
    I was hoping someone out there with an Eko might know what E 1 means. After starting a fire from a cold start and letting it get up to temperature, I turned on the temp. control unit and E 1 showed up on the display. I waited a little bit and it didn't go away, so I let the fire burn out, then unplugged it from the outlet and let it sit for a bit. I was hoping that it might reset, but it hasn't. Anyone with any ideas?
    Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    E1 on the new reg is a fault with the temp probe. I don't know if that is the same as yours but it is a start. Check and make sure that the temp prob leads are tight and the prob is seated on top of the boiler ok. also look it over to make sure there isn't any damage. hope this helps.
    leaddog
  3. barnartist

barnartist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jerusalem, Ohio;
    Leaddog's right. I had an overheat one time and it melted my probe's wire insulation, and made the wires touch each other. E-1 I think.
  4. WRVERMONT

WRVERMONT New Member

Loc:
    Northern Vermont
    I got the E1 code when boiler body was below freezing. Assumed this was a safety feature. I warmed the probe with my hand to above 0 degrees Celcius and things returned to normal. Also noticed that when temp wavered around freezing the 2amp fuse blew. New fuse cheap at radio shack.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.