Error Code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeGr

Jan 7, 2008
NH
I was hoping someone out there with an Eko might know what E 1 means. After starting a fire from a cold start and letting it get up to temperature, I turned on the temp. control unit and E 1 showed up on the display. I waited a little bit and it didn't go away, so I let the fire burn out, then unplugged it from the outlet and let it sit for a bit. I was hoping that it might reset, but it hasn't. Anyone with any ideas?
Thanks

E1 on the new reg is a fault with the temp probe. I don't know if that is the same as yours but it is a start. Check and make sure that the temp prob leads are tight and the prob is seated on top of the boiler ok. also look it over to make sure there isn't any damage. hope this helps.
leaddog

I got the E1 code when boiler body was below freezing. Assumed this was a safety feature. I warmed the probe with my hand to above 0 degrees Celcius and things returned to normal. Also noticed that when temp wavered around freezing the 2amp fuse blew. New fuse cheap at radio shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.