Esse Ironheart Woodstove Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank

I am also having trouble with a new Esse Ironheart. The manual has a lot to be desired. It tells you how to start a fire, but how to keep it going, and what controls should be closed and opened once the fire is going is certainly lacking. Could anyone help me out also with some additional information.

Thanks,

Hank

Not sure if you ever got the hang of it but better late than never. I start my fires with both primary air controls open as well as the ash door cracked open, and flue damper open. I tend to put 2 or three fat wood sticks between one or two sheets of wadded/rolled newspaper and a bit of kindling (sticks bigger than a thumb smaller than a wrist) leaned up against one piece of real wood and then balanced over that so small wood cut offs from lumber or if I have them some 2-3in diameter limb pieces. I light it and don't touch it till some of that is coals then I load in more real wood. once I see that caught pretty well I close ash door then close primary air control (the bottom one) and just adjust air wash(upper air control). If it still seems to be drawing too much and burning too fast I close flue damper a little at a time.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you've found any tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.