Essex Thermo air damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffs

Dec 17, 2009
Eastern NY
I have an Essex Thermo wood furnace that has been working well for 7 yrs. Recently, the inlet air damper did not close all the way and the fire continued to burn opening the relief. I cleaned the damper area of creosote but found that the damper blade slid down as it closed and hit the lower frame preventing it from closing. The drive motor works, but it appears that there should be a hinge at the top of the blade to keep it closing properly. there isn't anything that looks like that. I don't have any literature to show how it should be. Any suggestions?

I have an Essex multi-fuel 1000. Don't know if it's like yours at all.......

Here is a shot of the air box from my manuals. Let me know if you need more. I think I have all the literature.

Attachments

• essex.jpg
    essex.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 269
Status
Not open for further replies.