ESW 25 ep and Skytech remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason845845

Feeling the Heat
Aug 11, 2014
Kingston, Ny
Installed a skytech 3003 remote this morning in a ESW 25-ep. I have set the control board to ON/OFF. I have "learned" the transmitter to the receiver. The receiver will beep when I hit the mode button. The stove will not respond. I can give the wires a tug and they're in tight. Im about ready to yank the thing out and put the jumper back in and return it. Help!

edit: I can make the stove turn on by using the slider on the receiver, but that is the only way I can get anything related to the thermostat to function at all.

edit: I guess i don't need a thermostat.

Last edited:
I just asked because some people install stats and forget to do that step......Thought about putting one on mine but never did....hopefully the next one works out for you.

Call up Englander before you send it back. I had issues with my Skytech 3301P and Mike was able to walk me through it.

is it working now?
Yep. Nothing was wrong with it except for a dumb owner. I would like to suggest that you guys start shipping these thermostats with solid thermostat wire as opposed to the stranded wire they currently ship with. The solid wire seems to "find it's home" in the wiring block much much easier when you're hanging upside down over the back of the stove.

Reactions: mithesaint
Dumb owner...my stove seems to have the same problem all the time. Must have been the same ESW production run! Glad you got it working. Putting my stove on a stat was the best thing I ever did. I love hearing it kick on automatically at 4 am or whenever it gets too cold in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.