ESW Pellet Stove Recall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Reactions: bogieb
Ahh, it was BubiBear - I sent him a PM to alert him to this thread.

Thanks for the concern . This stove has been the best for me so far. Got a call from ESW , they told me about the possible hazard . And that they were sending a new igniter and burn pot . I have been running my smartstove daily . From what the person at ESW told me. The problem was as stated .I haven't had any problem with mine. But could see how this could happen . I was cleaning out the burn pot before every start up . This stove can be used in auto mode, or manual mode . But since my stove is located in the basement of our home .The operator manual also said that depending on how often the stove cycled on and off , due to the location of the stove , premature failure of the igniter was possible . So for me manual is fine as we only start the stove when we plan to use the area ,which is also the wife's sewing area . Great stove good service .Works for me.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.