etched stove glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

little_hawk_59

Dec 11, 2009
michigan
i was thinking about ordering new glass for my new stove and getting the outside etched with our farm design has anyone done this or have any thoughts on it.

Sounds like it would be cool. I know my mom has a fireplace insert that has an arched window in it and it has etching on the outside. Just some scrollwork type stuff. I would think you wouldn't have any more issues than her as her insert burns really hot when it's set properly.

My Harman P-38 looks like a toilet bowl. You think maybe an etched glass would dress it up?

Gio said:
My Harman P-38 looks like a toilet bowl. You think maybe an etched glass would dress it up?

maybe one of those fuzzy seat covers would work nicely? Dressing up a P-38..... thats just not right. I think they work so well because they are ugly (in a good way, of course).

the old ranger said:
John Deere sells pellet stoves with etched glass. Saw them first about a year ago at a JD store. Nice looking, but would not fit with our livingroom decor.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/parts/media/pdf/homeandworkshop/stoves/corn_stove_brochure_08_08.pdf

Ranger

Wow that's a little presumptuous of JD. Honestly if i were in the market for a stove and looked at that i'd sooner freeze to death. Hopefully that comes with the non-JD-pimped-out glass option as well.

dont get much more of a box than my stove old and still looks like the new englander stoves if it and broke dont fix it

IceNine,

My wife TOTALLY agreed with you.

I brought home an illustrated brochure just to crank her up. :)

If I were purchasing a stove for a workshop . . . . . . and the JD stove was on a 50% off sale . . . . . and came with 4 tons of Barefoot pellets . . . . . possibly . . . . .

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.