ETQ IN1800I inverter generator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
i bought this gen used. i cant get the low idle switch to work right. it just stays on idle even with a load on it. anyone else have one of these with this issue? seems to be very limited tech support especially if second hand. they just want to swap it only if you were the original purchaser with proof of purchase.

now its staying on high, which is ok as it will carry a load now. not a bad dea for $50.

Well, good luck with it. Hopefully you don't have a long outage, or anything real valuable or picky plugged into it. $50 is a good deal as long as there ain't no downside

The cheap Chinese gensets are a crap shoot. Some are good, some are not. If it runs wide open and carries a load than you did fine for $50. Just don't expect ANY parts, technical, etc. support. Either throw it away or fix it yourself when it breaks. I have heard that when distributors say "parts are available" what they are doing is stripping parts off new units to keep customers happy. The very best thing you can do with any new Chinese genset is to run it hard with a load and burn it in. Run at 75% for a few hours makes certain that it functions as intended and is less likely to fail when asked to deliver when you really need it. RT

Status
Not open for further replies.